Stonefield Company Limited (a quarry located in Awasi) whose core business is production and supply of construction materials including ballast, quarry dust, cabros, building blocks and precast items is seeking to recruit a Procurement and Purchasing Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include:
1. Identify suppliers of materials, equipment and supplies; analyze and negotiate best offers and maintain good relationships with them.
2. Estimating and establishing cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
3. Collaborate with key persons in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials and ensure that they are of high quality.
4. Prepare and process purchase orders for supplies.
5. Follow up with suppliers for timely delivery
6. Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data.
7. Work in liaison with the storekeeper to have up-to-date inventories status and H.o.Ds to obtain detailed information about products/materials performance.
8. Develop an appropriate draft procurement policy and procedures for the company.
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
- Diploma in Supply chain management or related courses
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Proficient in computer applications
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized and a team player
If you meet the above requirements send your CV, Cover letter and copies of your certificates to;
The Group Human Resource & Admin. Manager,
Stonefield Co. Ltd,
Box 3936 40100
to reach us by 15th September 2018
OR Email – firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject –Procurement and Purchasing Officer)
Kindly indicate your current / last and expected remuneration in your application.