Kenya Markets Trust is seeking to fill the following position:
Sector Manager – Livestock
Reporting to the Head of Programmes. the role will assume responsibility for the technical direction and successful delivery of KMTs livestock sector programme.
S/he will provide strategic and technical leadership to the livestock sector team and drive successful programme implementation in compliance with the statutory, organisational, donor or other requirements of KMT.
- Working with the Head of Programmes, set the strategic direction and overall approach for KMT’s livestock sector implementation work.
- Provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of high quality interventions and concept notes to achieve livestock sector objectives.
- Drive effective implementation of the livestock sector work through a results-based management process that is aligned with KMT’s long- term objectives in the sector.
- Report the progress of the livestock sector programme to the Head of Programmes on a monthly basis or more frequently as required and participate in portfolio reporting to the Board and funders on a quarterly basis.
- Lead identification, assessment and engagement of strategic livestock sector partners and market actors in collaboration with the Head of Programmes.
- Develop and maintain these key partnerships.
- Ensure quality control on reports and briefs prepared by Intervention Specialists before submission.
- Lead, manage. motivate and develop the livestock sector team by promoting a culture of trust based on personal integrity, openness within the team, encouraging their commitment to KMT’s objectives and meeting their personal development needs.
- Lead development of livestock sector annual budgets and work plans.
- Assume fiscal accountability for the sector budget and ensure the financial management of the livestock sector programme ¡s compliant with KMT’s requirements.
- Set KPIs for staff, always aligning with the organizational and sector objectives and conduct performance management evaluations in a timely manner to ensure superior levels of performance ore maintained.
- Participate in the development and continuous review of the livestock sector strategy and development and implementation of the livestock component of the Annual Operating Plan.
- Work closely with the other functions within KMT to progress the broader strategic objectives of the organisation.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree In International Development, Strategy, Business Management, Marketing, Economics or other relevant field.
- At least 7 years relevant experience in development work, with at least 2 years gained at management level providing technical leadership In the livestock sector with multiple stakeholders and multi-layered teams. Part of this experience must have been gained working ¡n livestock programmes ¡n Kenya. Work experience in the pastoralist livestock sector in the ASAL regions of Kenya would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience ¡n a technical team leadership role on development programmes, preferably with o specific focus on market development, private sector development, or value chain improvements. Experience in Implementing market-based solutions within large-scale sector development programmes to enhance competitiveness of sectors.
- Strong relationship management skills and capacity to influence at multiple levels across large, medium and small businesses, national and county governments and the donor/funding community.
- Good people management experience, demonstrating the ability to translate ideas into action, monitor multiple work streams, provide coaching and mentoring. and co-ordinate staff and contract partners In a consultative and collegiate decision-making style.
- of Influencing senior level public and private sector decision makers and communicating to a variety of audiences and media.
If you meet the above qualifications, please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating names of three (3) referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate position reference number in the subject line.
Deadline for receiving applications is October 12, 2018.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.