Position: Senior Medical Sales Representatives
Location: Nairobi with Frequent Travel to other Regions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise a team of medical sales Reps and ensure they are meeting and exceeding the set targets
- Plan work schedule and timetables thus arranging for appointments with doctors, pharmacists and hospital medical teams thus implementing a call plan strategy to build effective business relationships with health care partners.
- Design and make presentations to doctors, practice staff and nurses in hospitals and pharmacies
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with medical staffs
- Selling drugs directly
- Meet targets and predicted sales figures, budget expenditures with the available resources through products demonstration and executing sales presentations
- Keeping detailed records
- Reaching and exceeding expected annual sales targets by preparing the trader wise sales target achievement and monitoring outstanding dues
- Regularly attending company trainings, technical data presentations and briefings
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations
- Monitoring competitor activity and competitors’ products
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments in the company
- Developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector
- Staying informed about the activities of health services in a particular area.
- Working with Field Sales Managers:
- Plan how to approach contacts for effective business plans for making sales in identified area.
- Prepare a tour plan for the territory for Field Sales Manager’s approval.
- Increase prescription capacity with doctors
- Up-dating Doctors, Pharmacies and customer list
- Acquire information about company’s range of products stocked by chemists
- Gather information on competitors products:
- Maintain effective communication with field sales manager and office staff for updates, consultations, approvals and responding to mails sent and requests made.
- Provide Sample to Doctors as per allocations and obtain authorization of receipt of samples and making follow ups on the sample issues and prescriptions done by the Doctors
Core Skills / Competencies
- Great communication skills
- Team player is key
- Innovative thinker
- Organized and a good planner
- Knowledgeable about sales and products
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proactive in execution of duties.
- Well refined by dressing, charisma and interpersonal skills
- Ambitious and outgoing
- Result driven
- Honesty and integrity
- Persuasive and effective communicator
- Hardworking and enthusiastic
- Good code of Ethics
- Strong focus on commercial and sales orientation skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution majored on: (Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical sciences, Microbiology, BSC- Chemistry, Pharmacy)
- 3-5 Years’ experience as a Medical Sales Rep/ Senior Medical Sales Reps
Qualified candidates should send their CVs quoting relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.