Vacant Position: Supply Chain Coordinator
Department: Finance / Supply Chain
Reporting To: CFO
Duty Station: Nairobi
Job Purpose: The Supply Chain Coordinator shall be responsible for sourcing planning for all raw materials, actual procurement, receipt and warehousing of supplies and finished goods.
- Steer the Supply Chain KPI delivery and reporting.
- Ensures internal and external customers’ expectations and requirements are met from end to end for each of the supply chains players.
Description of Duties
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of the company’s supply chain strategy
- Assist in the formulation of company’s procurement policy and the procedures to execute the policies.
- Plan supplies and execute procurement of goods and services within the company.
- Map the seasonality of raw materials, supplier hubs and develop a timely and sustainable sourcing plan
- Oversee the stores operations and ensure that the stocks are aligned to both production and sales demands.
- Provide leadership to all junior staff in the department and coordinate the activities for smooth running and achieving departmental goals. The supply chain coordinator shall: –
- Assist Accounts Payable section with payment to creditors as per agreed terms.
- Prepare all tender documents, draft specific terms for contracts and develop selection criteria for the same.
- Implement all sourcing plan.
- Pre-qualify suppliers, register and maintain supplier database.
- Develop a supplier performance evaluation process.
- Report appropriately to Chief Finance Officer, the CEO, Head of departments and other external users.
- Develop KPIs for measuring service delivery for the different Supply Chain areas
- Participate fully in scheduled quality audits and project assessments of Procurement and Supply Chain functions and with those functions that interface / integrate with the same.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the CEO.
Decision Making: Prepare Procurement report to help the CFO to make working capital decisions.
Supervision: Works independently in routine tasks under the general direction of the CFO
Responsibilities: Take overall lead on managing procurement and stores processes
- Degree in operations, Procurement and supply chain or a relevant field or Advanced degree in procurement and supply chain or a relevant field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Good negotiation skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
Interested and qualified candidate to share cv to email@example.com