Overview: Established in 1993, Tanager, an ACDI / VOCA affiliate, is an international nonprofit organization that brings people together at the table, on the ground, and across supply chains to co-create economic and social opportunities that change lives.
Based in Washington, D.C., Tanager works with partners and ACDI/VOCA family of companies to expand market access and unlock the full potential of shared market opportunities that result in reliable supply chains, stable incomes, healthy families, and resilient communities.
Tanager is launching Impacting Gender & Nutrition through Innovative Technical Exchange in Agriculture (IGNITE) project funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
This five-year project will improve household nutrition and women’s empowerment by strengthening African institutions’ ability to integrate nutrition and gender in agriculture interventions and business practices. We are promptly seeking experienced experts to fill the following roles:
1. Team Leader
2. Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture Expert
3. Gender Expert
While each position will have its own operational and technical requirements under the project, overall qualifications will meet the below:
- Master’s degree in agriculture, gender, nutrition, public health, or a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in sub-Saharan African, in at least 3 different countries; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in agriculture projects with the focus on nutrition and gender integration and knowledge of nutrition-sensitive and gender-integrated agriculture concepts ¡n sub-Saharan Africa
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze a variety of information pertaining to issues and to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
- Fluency in English, written and oral, required; French language skills strongly desired.
- Ability to travel in Sub-Saharan Africa for up to 40%.
Applicants from African countries strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at http://tanagerintl.org.
The deadline for applications is 5th October, 2018;
However, applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, on a rolling basis, and the successful candidate may therefore be identified before the stipulated date.
At any event, only finalists will be contacted.
Tanager is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.