Our Client is one of the biggest FMCG manufacturers in Kenya and trading in NSE.
They seek to hire a high energy, innovative professional in the role of Transport & Logistics Operations Manager.
The person will drive lean operations and create outstanding operational efficiency.
Ideal candidate is a supply chain superstar with excellent and provable record in running logistics operations in a busy manufacturing and/or distribution environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Route Planning
- Managing a large fleet and optimizing on load capacity
- Managing loading and fleet scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Management of transport service providers including driving vehicle hiring negotiations with contracted transporters
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Budgeting and monitoring transport costs to meet set KPIs including cost reduction.
- Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Ensuring that all transport logs are captured in the system
- Monitoring of trucks movements and dealing this set procedures violations
- In charge of the day-to-day operations of the transport department and getting the right products in the right quantities, to the right locations at the right time by tracking of delivery vehicles within compliance of all transport policies, legislation and procedures;
- Ensure transport fleet vehicles are properly maintained as and when required.
- Monitoring fuel consumption for all vehicles
- Manage the teams, motivate them and ensure optimal productivity.
- Advise the management on emerging transport and technological advancements that could enhance the operational efficiency.
- Degree on Supply Chain Management or Equivalent
- Diploma in Mechanical engineering (Automotive) an added advantage
- 5 years’ experience in similar position in a busy organization
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Working knowledge of ERP systems in managing transport and logistics will be an advantage.
- A team leader with proven capacity to manage large operations team both in and out of the office.
Qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs to email@example.com so as to reach on before 30th September 2018.
Please indicate “TRANSPORT & LOGISTICS OPERATIONS MANAGER” on the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted