Job Title: Administrative / Finance Assistant
Vacancy Notice: IVN/EVN/KEN/NBI/18/013
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
Position Number: 10018271
Position Grade: G4
Define the role of the position within the team,describing its leadership role, if any, it’s external / internal work relationships or contacts, the contextual environment in which it operates and the scope of supervision received, and where applicable, exercised by the incumbent.
The Admin / Finance Assistant provides clerical assistance to the immediate supervisor and/or Head of the Office to ensure that routine services and activities within the admin / finance domain are properly implemented.
Subject to the nature of the task/assignment in hand, he/she will receive regular guidance from his/her supervisor. As per specific instructions, the incumbent may require liaising with other internal or external entities, to ensure effective delivery of services and achievement of objectives.
The nature of certain personnel/administrative tasks requires discretion and confidentiality as per UNHCR standards and practices. The incumbent’s workload and the assignments will remain under constant scrutiny and direction of the supervisor.
- Assists in maintenance of financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures,balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports;
- Prepares recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation,audits or other reasons;
- Prepares detailed cost estimates and participates in budget analysis and projections as required;
- Assists in processing of entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files;
- Prepares correspondence and reports, as required, on general administrative and financial tasks.
- Assists in the preparation of office budgets applicable to staff and servicing costs and maintains budgetary control records.
- Assists in requisitions of office supplies and equipment locally and abroad and arranges for control of distribution and maintenance of appropriate inventory records;
- Performs other duties as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of Secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration,Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
- Minimum 3 years of job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office and People Soft applications).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of UN working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Knowledge in UNHCR admin and financial rules, procedures and processes;
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP (Peoplesoft);
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
Submission of Applications
This vacancy is open for qualified Kenyans ONLY.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only the present signed PHF and Supplementary Sheet(s), if any, will be considered as valid application documents. No CVs, old P.11 form or other UN agency application forms will be accepted.
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Closing Date: 2018-10-10
Short listed candidates will be invited for a written and then oral interview.