Job Title: Data Management Assistant (On Replacement Capacity)
Vacancy Notice: IVN/EVN/KAK/18/012
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
Position Number: 10009010
Position Grade: G4
Organizational Context: Define the role of the position within the team, describing its leadership role, if any, it’s external / internal work relationships or contacts, the contextual environment in which it operates and the scope of supervision received, and where applicable,exercised by the incumbent.
The position is normally supervised by a Professional or Senior General Service staff member who provides the incumbent with regular guidance and support. The position has no supervisory role.
Contacts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are not frequent. In the Field locations, under supervision of the manager, the incumbent may play a liaison role with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
(key results that will be achieved)
The Office has reliable and up-to-date data on persons of concern.
(process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Enter data mainly related to asylum seekers,refugees and persons of concern to UNHCR into the computer database.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports and project documents by providing information, preparing tables and drafting routine correspondence and reports.
- Update and maintain existing databases and generate various statistical reports.
- Assist in the development of forms for data collection and analysis, if requested.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information and translate routine documents and correspondence as and whenrequired.
- May be required to undertake field trips to project sites.
- Perform any other duty, as requested.
(decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Decide on the data recorded in database.
- Decide on appropriate solution to incidents and escalate issues to the supervisor if incident cannot be resolved within the scope of responsibility.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training / certificate in Electronic data processing, Information Technology or related field;
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Knowledge of any other relevant UN or local language.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
Submission of Applications
This vacancy is open for qualified Kenyans ONLY.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only the present signed PHF and Supplementary Sheet(s), if any, will be considered as valid application documents. No CVs, old P.11 form or other UN agency application forms will be accepted.
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Closing Date: 2018-10-11
Short listed candidates will be invited for a written and then oral interview.