Job Title: Senior Data Management Associate (On Replacement Capacity)
Vacancy Notice: IVN/EVN/KAK/18/010
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
Position Number: 10016580
Position Grade: G7
Define the role of the position within the team,describing its leadership role, if any, it’s external / internal work relationships or contacts, the contextual environment in which it operates and the scope of supervision received, and where applicable, exercised by the incumbent.
The position is supervised by a professional staff member who provides the incumbent with general guidance and workplans. The incumbent works independently with an oversight from the supervisor. The position directly supervises some support staff.
Contracts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
(key results that will be achieved)
- The Office has reliable and up-to-date data on persons of concern.
- Standard and ad-hoc reports are produced. Trends and patterns of data are analysed and interpreted.
(process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Ensure regular database back-ups and integrity of the databases through timely data entry and verifying accuracy and relevance of data on a regular basis…
- Coordinate the data transfer of refugee records amongst camps.
- May be required to collect GIS data, update maps and undertake field trips to project sites.
- Ensure that the data which are mainly related to asylum seekers, refugees and persons of concern to UNHCR are correctly entered into the computer databases.
- Develop and run the required reports from the databases used in the operation including ProGress database and assist in analysis/interpretation of data to identify patterns/trends.
- Compile data and interpret the statistics for various reports.
- Develop forms and tools for data collection and analysis.
- Identify knowledge and hardware gaps of the operation in relation to all aspects of data management.
- Perform any other duty as required.
(decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Decide on data recorded in the database.
- Decide on appropriate resolution to incidents.
- Escalate issues to supervisor if the incident cannot be resolved within area of responsibility.
- Have access to relevant data and records.
- Supervise data collection and data entry support staff.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in information and communication technology or related field.
- Minimum 11 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Microsoft SQL Server (2005 or later) Certification.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specified training relevant to the functions of the position.
- Knowledge of any other relevant UN or local language.
- Previous experience working with UN/UNHCR.
- Managing Performance
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
Submission of Applications
This vacancy is open for qualified Kenyans ONLY.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only the present signed PHF and Supplementary Sheet(s), if any, will be considered as valid application documents. No CVs, old P.11 form or other UN agency application forms will be accepted.
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Closing Date: 2018-10-11
Short listed candidates will be invited for a written and then oral interview.