Waiter / Waitress
Our client, a full-service, quick-casual, coffee-themed restaurant chain is seeking to recruit Waiter/Waitress.
The key responsibility is ensuring that customers have a satisfying dining experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, order slips or by memorization
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma/Certificate in Food and Beverage, Sales and Service
- At least 6 months experience
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- Good communication and presentation skills
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 10th September 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel Ltd does not charge candidates for job placement