Our client operates a wildlife conservancy in Northern part of Kenya.
They are looking for an Events Coordinator to help in preparation of the events.
Job Ref: CL/EC/1
Apart from the event management aspect of the job, the coordinator will need extensive communication skills and a good network with Kenyan and international corporate companies.
This position is based in Northern part of Kenya.
All applicants must be willing to live permanently in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities
The job holder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Develop and manage the event online entry database;
- Daily liaison with runners to coordinate accommodation and transport plans
- Accounting for entry, cosponsor and accommodation funds
- Liaison with camps and lodges ahead of the event weekend
- Work closely with the organisation’s logistics department on preparation of the key event sites;
- Work closely with the organisation security department on the security plans for the event weekend
- Prepare and manage registration day including recruiting a team of volunteers to assist
- Support the management and delivery of post-event activities including thank- you letters to sponsors, sponsor follow and other duties.
- Enhance the number of cosponsors and their level of support for the Anniversary event in 2019
- Work closely with the events co-sponsors on their branding, participation, entry requirements, and logistics in the run up to the event
- Manage cosponsor expectations and requirements on event day
- Develop and raise awareness of an online fundraising platform for Kenyan entries
- Work with cosponsors on their CSR requirements for the benefit of the event and it’s beneficiaries
- Create and draft the event’s digital communications strategy.
- Help maintain and optimise the event’s social media platforms through analysis and research and recommendations shared with the company and the event beneficiaries.
- Manage all external facing information on the event through collecting, editing and streamlining information as required.
- Work closely with sponsors on the update of the event on their websites
- Design, write and produce communication publication materials such as press releases, event programme, runner e-shot updates, pre and post event;
- Manage all event social media sites by curating, updating and sharing information accordingly and in a creative manner
- Design and produce monthly e-newsletters
- Work with the event cosponsors and beneficiaries to promote the impact of the event through various communications channels
Print media and film
- Work with Kenyan and international journalists and TV channels to promote the event.
- Coordinate media trips to conservancy ahead of the event
- Coordinate film crews covering the event
Any other duties
Perform any other duties that could be assigned from time to time.
The job holder must possess:
- Bachelor of Commerce degree from a recognised university
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in event management
- Excellent skills and competency in Excel, Web based project management software, online registration software and salesforce
- Creative and with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- An interest in wildlife conservation
- Longevity in their job history (minimum of 2 years in one position)
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted