Williamson Tea Kenya Plc is seeking to fill the following vacancy at one of our Tea Estates in the Rift Valley and invites applications from qualified individuals who will undergo a selection process to identify the suitable candidates for the position.
Reporting to the Field Manager, the jobholder will be responsible for general supervision, coordination and direction of Field operations.
- Prepare land and establish tea/fuel/timber plantations following Agency guidelines.
- Ensure efficient tea bush management and harvesting of quality leaf as per Agency set requirements.
- Ensure preservation of the environment by protecting wetlands, indigenous forests and enforce compliance with all certification standard requirements relating to field operations.
- B.Sc. in Agriculture or Food Science and Technology or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines within a team environment and willingness to work extra hours to meet set targets.
- Be a dynamic person who has high integrity, good communication skills, relates well with others, enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Preferably 1 year minimum experience with good performance.
- Computer literate
Suitably qualified applicants should submit and email as one document; a cover letter with copies of certificates as well as testimonials including a detailed CV with telephone contacts, email, names and addresses of referees.
Indicate your current and expected salary too on or before Friday, 14th September, 2018.
Please cite the job title i.e. Field Assistant on the subject line
to email address email@example.com
and addressed to:
The Managing Director
Williamson Tea Kenya Ltd
P.O Box 42281-00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted