Job Vacancy: Accountant
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Timely preparation supplier LPOs for purchases and projects
2) Posting and processing both customers and suppliers invoices in the accounting system
3) Update accounts receivable and follow up on payments on a daily basis.
4) Prepare supplier payment, update accounts payable and perform regular reconciliations
5) Perform weekly and monthly bank reconciliations
6) Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
7) Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
8) Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports on banking, payments and receipts
9) Posting journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded and properly accrued
10) Ensure that there is proper documentation with regards to LPOs, Invoicing and payments in accordance with the company policy.
11) Timely filing and payment of VAT, PAYE, NHIF,NSSF and other statutory requirements
12) Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly/yearly closing reports
13) Filing suppliers’ invoices, client’s invoices, bank statements, bank slips, purchase orders, supplier payments and other documents.
14) Project cost analysis ensure proper capturing and accounting of job costs
- Must be a CPA K with a Bachelors degree in Finance or related field
- At least 3 years working experience preferably in the service industry
Salary: 50,000 – 70,000 gross
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 20th October 2018