The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is a Quaker organization that promotes lasting peace with justice as a practical expression of faith in action.
Drawing on continuing spiritual insights and working with people of many backgrounds, we nurture the seeds of change and respect for human life that transform social relations and systems.
We seek to promote the transformation of cultural and societal norms, values, and behaviors to reject violence, with Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality, and Stewardship as our values.
The Africa Regional Office (ARO) in Nairobi comprises the regional office, Somalia and Kenya Programs.
AFSC is seeking to recruit the following positions based at the ARO.
Reporting to the Regional Finance and Administration Manager and based at ARO, the accountant will support the Finance and Administration function of AFSC in financial management and accounting.
The position works with finance officers to ensure that AFSC’s funds are well managed with integrity, accuracy and completeness in fund management
- Maintenance of office petty cash, updating the petty cash books, monthly summaries, ensuring enough float and ensuring vouchers are properly signed and filed.
- Support staff in banking and reconciliation of advances.
- Advance management. Disburse and ensure travel/advance reconciliation within 10 days of the return of the officer from the trip.
- Evaluating and processing cash requests for all projects and ensuring funds are available for project implementation
- Uploading soft copies of all payables for online payment
- Budget requests, wire transfers to partners, forex exchange and ensure sufficient bank balances
- Payroll management for the Regional office, Kenya and Somalia Staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or any other business-related field.
- CPA (II) or equivalent professional qualification in finance/accounting
- At least three years of relevant experience with good computer skills and knowledge of accounting systems
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by COB Thursday 25th October 2018.
Include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Make sure to indicate how your experience and qualifications fit the position you are interested in.
The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is an equal opportunity employer and committed to further diversity at the work place.