The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is a Quaker organization that promotes lasting peace with justice as a practical expression of faith in action.
Drawing on continuing spiritual insights and working with people of many backgrounds, we nurture the seeds of change and respect for human life that transform social relations and systems.
We seek to promote the transformation of cultural and societal norms, values, and behaviors to reject violence, with Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality, and Stewardship as our values.
The Africa Regional Office (ARO) in Nairobi comprises the regional office, Somalia and Kenya Programs.
AFSC is seeking to recruit the following positions based at the ARO.
Reporting to the Regional Finance and Administration Manager, the position will provide administrative support to the regional office and programs. The position will work closely with the Regional Director as the executive assistant while managing very confidential materials and information.
- Serve as first point of contact for any internal(staff) or external members and provide relative information as required including information to visitors coming to the region.
- Support the Regional Director, Finance and admin and program staff by giving administrative assistance.
- Manage all contacts and liaison with different organizations and individuals as the first contact person in the office and coordination of staff communication.
- Procurement of goods and services
- Assist in recruitment
- Manage office security and ensure that security equipment is in order, provide security updates & prepare security advice for visitors
- Coordinate meetings & travel arrangements
- Management of vehicles, custodian of vehicle documents and insurance renewals.
- Provide administrative support to the Regional Director as his executive assistant.
- Degree in Business administration or any other related field with at least 2 years relevant experience, self-driven, innovative with good inter personal skills
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Thursday 25th October 2018.
Include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Make sure to indicate how your experience and qualifications fit the position you are interested in.
The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is an equal opportunity employer and committed to further diversity at the work place.