Aga Khan Foundation
Financial Accountant, Kenya
For nearly 50 years, the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) has been partnering with communities, governments and local leaders to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life.
The Foundation’s work is rooted in the core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’s integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries.
Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based on decades of experience, learning and evaluation.
AKF is currently seeking a competent and motivated individual to fill the role of a Financial Accountant in our Kenya Country Office. She/he will ensure efficient operation of the Organisation’s financial management processes and procedures and facilitate the production of quality financial reports to support timely decision making.
- Participate in the organizational/project budget formulation and ensure correct coding of all items in the financial management system.
- Engage with implementing partners to ensure partner accounts are accurate and posted into the financial management system.
- Process supplier payments in a timely and accurate manner to ensure good supplier relations.
- Track and reconcile balance sheet items including preparation of monthly and quarterly schedules.
- Monitor and update departmental budgets.
- Process bank reconciliations and cash flow forecast on a timely basis to facilitate efficient cash flow management.
- Prepare & reconcile all inter-unit payables and receivables.
- Participate in preparation of monthly and quarterly donor grant financial reports.
- Participate in payroll processing.
- Facilitate the preparation and submission of Tax returns including PAYE, VAT & Withholding Tax.
- Participate in the preparation of audit schedules and facilitation of the actual audit process.
- In collaboration with other stakeholders, maintain a proper and updated inventory of organizational and project assets.
- Perform other relevant duties as and when assigned.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant working experience
- CPA Section 4 or its equivalent and an undergraduate degree in Finance/Accounting or any other relevant area.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good financial report writing skills.
- Proficiency in the use of a Financial/Accounting Management System is desired.
- Prior working experience with an NGO would be an added advantage.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their CV (not exceeding 3 pages), including contact details of three referees, and a cover letter explaining why they are best suited for the position by 31st October 2018 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AKF is an equal opportunity employer
Aga Khan Foundation is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network www.akdn.org