Position: Assistant Project Coordinator
Job Location: Nairobi
Nature of Job: Full time
- Assist in managing the planning and implementation of projects within an agreed cost, timeframe, quality standard and scope
- Define project scale, tasks, resources and schedule
- Track, manage and report on project progress in regards to: deliverables, timeframes, quality and risks to all stakeholders
- Provide accurate projections and actions on project changes, based on business, technological, situational or client influenced requirements.
- Proactively support members of the project from both internal teams and external teams
- Remains responsible for the ultimate compliance towards agreed deadlines and deliverables through decision making, problem solving, nurturing communication and collaboration and executing professional acumen on large size projects or several projects simultaneously.
- Develop and conduct strategic plans to solve significant escalations and mitigate critical risks.
- Coach, mentor and support juniors and assist them in the resolution of complex tasks.
- Enforce the policies, practices and methodologies in the field.
- Perform other job tasks assigned to him / her by the management in relation to their competence and professional responsibilities
- 2-3 years’ experience in project management/ Coordination
- Qualifications in Project management
- Master or Bachelor’s degree – Computer Science, Economics, Management or relevant.
- Industry and good understanding of IT fundamentals. Minimum 6 years of experience in Project Management in the software delivery life cycle.
- PMP, SPO, SM certifications are desirable.
- Experienced in working with end customers, various information sources and compilation of bulk data.
- Experience in improvement of project management tools and techniques to contribute towards management and optimization of multiple project teams.
- Able to coach, mentor and support less experienced PMs and help them resolve complex problems.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Project Management methodology.
- Soft Skills: conducting and chairing effective meetings; communication skills; leadership and influencing/negotiation skills; Customer relation management skills.
- Corporate work ethics acumen: organized, able to work under pressure, able to prioritize and resolve critical and complex issues.
- Interpersonal Skills: self-motivated, creative, adaptable, analytical.
- Strong command of English and French Languages – verbal and written.
How to Apply
If interested in this role and have the mentioned skills, experience and qualifications; send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.