Our client, a full service automotive repair facility, is hiring an Accountant to join their company.
Location: Industrial Area, Nairobi
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Debtors updating and follow up (debt collection)
- Liaise with suppliers and make payments on behalf of the company.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Statutory Compliance, local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Proficiency in Quickbooks
- Awareness of business trends
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills especially
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Qualifications in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues.
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 10th October 2018
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online http://www.wisenhr.com/ Click on Job Portal at the bottom of the home page
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted