Senior Regional Security Staff Lead
Job Number: 1818232
About Us: Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel.
Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
BHGE Enterprise Security and Risk Management (ESRM) Function is responsible to the Chairman and President for spearheading the strategic global security efforts aimed at protecting assets (people, property, information, operational capability and reputation) against risk of injury, loss or damage from criminal, hostile or malicious acts and for assuring business resilience during times of crisis.
ESRM also conducts sophisticated investigations into asset loss, thefts, acts of criminal misconduct, theft of intellectual property, Foreign Corrupt Practices Acts (FCPA) violations, due diligence and serious violations of BHGE policy. Investigative efforts go beyond the traditional criminal activities into the more complex areas of conflict of interest and economic intelligence crimes.
The post is accountable for influencing the decisions and leadership views across the region. This includes close relationships with the Country Security Managers (CSM), HSE Directors, facility, plant and manufacturing site security personnel in the SSA Region. The post holder is responsible for building security capabilities and skills of the security team throughout their regions of operation.
He/she will manage and oversee several security contracts and supervise third party led investigations and inquiries. The incumbent supports a globally diverse and dispersed business located in 14+ countries with significant annual revenues. The role works closely with the CEO & President of SSA and his Executive Leadership Team.
- Risk Assessment Activities and Security Programs – Evaluate a variety of pro-active programs and products designed to anticipate and minimize BHGE exposure to potential security threats and determine appropriate responses.
- Investigation – Manage a portfolio of sophisticated and sensitive investigations to resolve allegations of criminal activity, serious violations of corporate policy and serious acts of impropriety. Conduct background investigations and due diligence.
- Analytical Activities – Conduct strategic reviews within the assigned region of incident, threats and risk to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of existing programs, controls and mitigation measures. Conduct strategic review of security services and client needs.
- Finance – Manage the security spend for BHGE both internally and with commercial team on managing projects with customers and EPC.
- Security Awareness & Training Activities – Ensure that appropriate security awareness training needs in the businesses are correctly identified and the relevant specific training delivered. This encompasses a wide variety of security-related topics, including compliance, fraud, corruption, conflict of interest, plant-type crime, terrorism, substance abuse, workplace violence, travel and personal security.
- Crisis Management and Business Continuity (CM/BC) – Develop, train and drill CM/BC within the region.
- Executive Protection – Conduct threat and risk assessments, develop executive protection plans for the protection of senior BHGE executives, high profile events and Annual Shareholder meetings and Board Meetings.
- Cyber and Intellectual Property – Work with our IP and Cyber teams in maintaining and mitigating company programs and policies.
- Relationships – Interface and brief BHGE senior management. Work in partnership with all other internal functions and business leaders.
- Establish and maintain liaison and professional contacts with security and intelligence communities and with industry counterparts. Have the ability to interact with Government Intelligence sources and foreign government officials to coordinate security requirements for BHGE operations.
- BS/BA degree (or international equivalent) in related field and 10 years’ experience in security.
- Experienced investigator, to include financial investigations and due diligence investigations.
- Specific knowledge of security system technologies
- Experience with business resilience and crisis/emergency response management.
- Liaison experience with national, state and local law enforcement, government regulatory agencies and private industrial security.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and enhance security programs.
- Effective influencing, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to communicate complex and sensitive situations to various levels of the organization and external environments.
- Ability to exercise effective independent judgment and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrated ability in conflict resolution and consensus building
- Effective at developing internal and external alliances to fulfill security mission
- Demonstrated business acumen, and financial management skills.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous environments and working within matrix organizations
- Prior experience of the Oil and Gas industry.
- Previous experience of working in the SSA region.
- Ability to travel 30% of time
Locations: Nairobi, Kenya, Sub Sahara Africa
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more