Vacancy Announcement: HR Business Partner
Our client is one of Kenya’s fastest growing banks with a network of 80 outlets and over 900 employees. Over the years, the bank has developed a wide portfolio of transactional, savings, credit and micro insurance solutions to meet changing customer needs. Their vision is to give Kenyans hope and a future, by listening and empowering them with relevant financial solutions.
Are a solution oriented HR professional with a niche for aligning business objectives with employees and management across business units. In line with business demands driven by our rapid growth, we are looking for qualified, highly competent, talented and results driven individuals to fill the HR Business Partner position. The role reports to the Head of Human Resource and Administration.
Job Purpose / Summary: The job holder will be working in liaison with the Head of Human Resources to design sound staff management and Development systems and procedures that ensure that the company attracts and retains skilled and highly motivated personnel capable of delivering the organization’s strategic objectives.
Working closely with the Business, this position is responsible for the organization’s talent management, succession planning, recruitment, workforce planning, change management, employee relations, health and safety, employee data management and provision of on-site support.
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment and placement
- To facilitate the recruitment and deployment of competent staff in line with business needs and ensure adherence to recruitment policies.
- Development and maintenance of a pool of potential employees to ensure seamless resourcing of business functions.
- Implement the talent management strategy, framework and policies in line with the corporate strategy.
- Develop and implement career and succession plans.
- Work closely with the HR Partner in the roll out OMA Performance Management practice across the organization.
- Assist in the development of smart targets in line with corporate strategic plan.
- Assist in continuous performance monitoring, evaluation and recommendation of various interventions.
- Assist in the development of timely management reports pertaining to performance and productivity to help in decision making.
- Ensure timely contract/code creation and communication is done to the respective branches.
- Assist in monitoring performance appraisal submission by engaging line managers across the organization.
Relationship Management and capacity building
- Assist in regular engagement forums with line managers and staff in order to disseminate HR policies, give and receive feedback from employees.
- Assist in Supporting overall change initiates and business drivers.
- Ensure timely resolution of staff queries.
- Provide administrative support for all staff welfare activities.
- Co-ordinate the employee disciplinary process and procedures
- Manage the grievance and dispute handling procedure so as to ensure a conducive work environment
- Provide guidance to Managers and employees on disciplinary, grievance issues and procedures
- Management of the separation process to ensure smooth transition of staff
Workforce planning and On -site Support
- Manage employee health and safety in line with OSHA policies
- Manage/develop welfare and wellness practices
- Ensure initiation and documentation of employee data
- Facilitate employee surveys and ensure optimal participation
- Develop change management plan including performance measures
- Identify key messages to convey about the change process
- Design appropriate communication to staff (based on input by in-country project team).
- Update the documented roles and responsibilities of staff if necessary
- Liaise with Heads of SBU’s and redeploy excess capacity as results of operational excellence are realized.
- Ensure optimal staff resources within the organization for maximum productivity
Co-ordination of HR Projects
- Co-ordinate the Culture survey, BCTWF, and ensure implementation of action plans.
- Manage the role design process for all approved positions within the organisation.
Pay and benefits co-ordination
- Co-ordinate salary and benefits surveys to ensure that the organisation remains competitive within the industry
Alignment of HR Policies
- Ensure alignment of HR policies to the group policies
Bank wide AML, KYC & CFT
- Monitor, on a continuous basis, all transactions to ensure that unusual and suspicious transactions are reported to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
- Implementing and enforcing the board approved AML, KYC & CFT policy in as far as is applicable within my area of responsibility
- A Degree in Human Resource Management or its equivalent.
- A Higher Diploma in HR is highly desirables.
- An MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- 3 years working experience as a generalist in a busy organization.
- Proven work experience as an HR with an understanding of all HR best practices with thorough knowledge of labour laws.
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics and analytics highly desirable.
- Prior experience working with cross functional business units will be an added advantage.
Required skills and key competencies
- Computer literate and good analytical skills.
- Business acumen.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- People Management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- High level of integrity and honest.
- Team player with ability to;
- Quickly absorb business drivers
- Work calmly under pressure
- Adapt to changing priorities
- High degree of confidentiality.
Key Result Areas
- Management of the recruitment and selection process
- Talent management including career and succession planning
- Management of the employee relations
- Management of employee health and safety programs
- Workforce planning and on-site support
- Change management and culture
- Co-ordination of pay and benefits
- Alignment of HR Policies
- Co-ordination of HR projects –Surveys and role management.
- Optimization of staff resources
Salary budget: KShs. 200,000 – 270, 000
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke vacancy page by the 22nd October 2018.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
HR Business Partner
|Company / Organization||
200,000 – 270, 000
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Vacancy Announcement: HR Business Partner
Our client is one of Kenya’s fastest growing banks with a network of 80 outlets and over 900 employees. Over the years, the bank has developed a wide portfolio of transactional, savings, credit and micro insurance solutions to meet changing customer needs. Their vision is to give Kenyans hope and a future, by listening and empowering them with relevant financial solutions.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.