Content and Social Marketing Associate, East Africa
Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in San Francisco, Lagos, and Nairobi, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets.
We believe that everyone, everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
What We Offer
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets.
Most recently, Branch announced its Series B and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms.
Branch is looking for a skilled content and social media marketer to help drive brand awareness and new user growth in our East African markets.
This role will be responsible for driving and executing content marketing, branded social media, earned public relations, and partnerships in Kenya and Tanzania.
Unique attributes of the role
Working closely with our broader marketing organization, analytics, data science and engineering teams to creatively and efficiently accelerate growth in East Africa.
- You will manage the day-to-day operations of our branded social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Create content for placed thought leadership and branded presentations.
- Build relations with local bloggers, journalists and industry leaders to ensure strong brand visibility.
- Finally, you’ll be asked to lead the day-to-day execution of all partnerships.
- Oversee and execute all branded social media for East Africa, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Develop creative content that showcases our customers and our product
- Create educational content and partner with key team members to deliver top-notch presentations
- Drive partnership exploration with industry organizations to deepen brand awareness and scale acquisition
- Establish and drive Influencer Marketing strategy for Tanzania and Kenya
- Own all native content marketing efforts in print and online media for Kenya and Tanzania
- Work cross-functionally to conduct customer research to understand decision drivers
- Identify potential new channels and innovative growth opportunities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 3+ years in content and social media marketing
- Degree from a top university, additional marketing-specific courses/ qualifications a plus
- Experience working with financial products, financial service providers or in Fintechs is a plus
- Proven track record of creating compelling branded content and generating strong placements
- Experience working with various global cross-functional teams
- Budget management experience
- A passion for learning and building things from the ground up
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- Can thrive in fast paced environments,
- Expert at creating brand narratives
- Has in-depth knowledge of branded social media best practices.
Kindly visit our careers page HERE to apply online.
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law.