Junior Finance Analyst
Branch Overview: Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in San Francisco, Lagos, and Nairobi, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets.
We believe that everyone, everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
What We Offer
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. Most recently, Branch announced its Series B and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms.
The Junior Finance Analyst will work under the Finance Analyst with dotted lines to Director of Finance. This will be a permanent role that will involve accounting, reporting as well as ensuring adherence to internal controls and statutory requirements.
The Junior Finance Analyst will be required to participate in the preparing final financial reports, carrying out financial analysis, developing and designing of new KPIs and reconciliation templates and ensuring all reports are updated and sent out on time.
Analysis, Reporting and Accounting Duties
- Preparing daily, weekly, monthly reconciliation for all loan disbursements in multiple countries across different money platforms and API connections
- Preparing daily netcash(funds in/out) analysis for all money platforms in all countries
- Updating reconciliation trackers across multiple countries, money platforms and API connections in line with Branch International MONTH END procedures and timelines
- Keeping track of all unreconciled transactions and recording/capturing them back in either Branch System or the money platform
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation reports for all countries ensuring it balances with the daily liquidity dashboard report
- Filing and managing all the documentation
- Preparing vendor files and performing monthly vendor reconciliation reports
- Maintaining monthly reconciliation for accruals and reversals in Netsuite
- Prepare schedules to support general ledger reconciliations on Netsuite and reviewing final financial reports required by management including accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives.
- Performing accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions across different accounting standards
- Assisting with annual external audit reconciliation for all the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statements items. Assisting in preparing support materials and assigned schedules for annual and interim audit.
- Conforming with and abiding by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Documenting policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Contributing to department and organization special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related areas.
- CPA or ACCA qualification is an added advantage
- A minimum of 1 year solid experience of working in financial services industry
- Experience working with accounting softwares such as Quickbooks, Pastel, Sage, Oracle
- Highly analytical and proficient in Excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Self-motivated, creative, and energetic
- Super organized and results focused
- Team player with experience of working in a startup environment and with demonstrated ability to work with tight deadlines
Kindly visit our careers page HERE to apply online.
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law.