Our Client’s Brown’s Food Company is the umbrella brand for Brown’s Cheese, Delia’s Ice Cream and The Cracker Shack. They make a range of high-quality natural cheeses, fast moving commodities e.g. cheddar and mozzarella as well as butter and yoghurt. They sell the products in Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda and South Sudan.
The company is seeking to recruit a highly talented individual to fill in the following position:
Quality Assurance Manager
Reporting to the Factory Manager, the Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for the implementation of quality assurance programmes and ensuring that quality systems are maintained in accordance with the ISO 22000 Standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership in areas of food safety and product quality
- Carrying out supplier audits to ensure quality standards are met
- Training milk suppliers on expected milk quality, assessing their farms and assisting where needed with an improvement plan
- Keeping factory up-to-date with municipal and government regulations regarding food processing plants
- Setting up and maintaining controls as well as the documentation procedure
- Ensuring adherence to audit standards, technical compliance and customer specifications
- Maintaining safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment and resources
- Verifying the release of products in coordination with the packaging team to ensure products meet the set hygiene as well as quality standards of the plant
- Internal auditing planning & management – managing all the internal audits for the ISO 22000 plan
- Reporting to the top management on the performance of the FSMS and any need for improvement
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Food Science and Technology or equivalent
- At-least 5 years of experience in same capacity in dairy industry
- Have a demonstrated history of working in the food production industry. Skilled in Management, Continuous Improvement, ISO Standards, lead auditor FSSC Food Processing, project management & Strategic Planning.
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving skills as well as proven team leadership skills
- Must have ISO 22000 /BRC experience
- Exemplary training skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and flexible
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees with the subject QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER by COB 6th November 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.