Chai SACCO Society Ltd is a leading Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Ltd with fully pledged branches in Nairobi, Litein, Mombasa, Nkubu and Kisii, and marketing offices in Olenguruone (Nakuru) and Silibwet (Bomet County).
We are looking for a self-driven and results-oriented person to fill the following position on Fixed Term contract for three (3) years, renewable subject to satisfactory duty performance:-
Post Title: Branch Manager
Status: 3 Years Contract (Renewable on performance)
Reporting To: Head of Business Operations
Division / Department: Branch Operations
- Operations Officer
- Credit Officer
- Marketing Officer
Purpose of the Job: Ensure continuous development and effective management of products, services with a view to achieving set goals and objectives of the Society at the Branch Level
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The jobholder’s roles and responsibilities are outlined as follows;
I. Managerial Roles and Responsibilities
a) Oversee operations in the branch and ensuring branch compliance with operational guidelines and procedures.
b) Ensure proper and efficient management of branch treasury.
c) Ensure proper handling of cash in transit to and from the branch.
d) Supervision and monitoring of staff at the branch level.
e) Oversee performance management of staff at the branch level
f) Facilitate loan approval, disbursement and monitoring the recovery.
g) Foster customer relations and safeguarding the organization’s corporate image.
h) Monitor and approve payments in accordance with approved budgets and authorized expenditure.
i) Ensure preparation of accurate monthly reports and any other report if and when required.
j) Adequate implementation of internal controls to safeguard the members funds, property and assets of the Society.
k) Facilitate marketing of the Society’s products and services at branch level.
l) Implement and sustain branch strategies for growth in line with the Society’s strategies and set targets.
m) Authorize and approve transactions, and other services within the delegated authority and countersigned by another authorised officer when necessary.
n) Implement control mechanism that will ensure operations in the Branch are in accordance with basic operational risk principles, and department manuals.
II. Operational Roles and Responsibilities
a) Communicating with appropriate management and staff personnel as well as providing periodic reports
b) Ensures that the branch is properly staffed and that the employee is trained to meet customer service needs as well as sales objectives.
c) Provides for the proper security, maintenance, and cleanliness of the branch
d) Be accountable for customer service, sales performance and the general image of the Society at the branch level.
e) Reviews employee performance throughout the probationary period and on a annual basis thereafter
f) Continually review and measure team activities against performance targets.
g) Provides periodic reports to the Branch Operations Manager and other groups as required.
III. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Result Areas:
The accountability areas are as follows
- Increased market share
- Improve and sustain high standards of customer service
- Achievement of targets
- Increased awareness of the Sacco’s products and services
- Timely resolution of customer service complaints
- Efficient customer marketing strategies
- Effective cost control
- Proficient interpersonal relations, communicative, and sales skills;
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to manage
- Commercial lending authority;
- A thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all Sacco products and services;
- A working knowledge of Sacco operating policies and procedures;
- visual and auditory skills;
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The jobholder must possess;
- A Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or equivalent;
- Professional Qualification and membership in a professional body
- A minimum of five years working experience in a similar set up (three years must be in supervisory or management level)
- A Masters degree will be an added advantage
- Must be computer literate
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to focus and execute on defined projects, with the potential to grow the business
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria may submit their application letter together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, and names and contacts of three referees in a clearly marked envelope “APPLICATION FOR ……….” addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Chai SACCO Society Ltd,
KTDA Plaza, 4th Floor,
P.O. Box 278 – 00200, Nairobi.
OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR ……….”
Application deadline: Friday 9th November 2018 at 5:00pm.