Vacancy Announcement: Chief Commercial Officer
Our Client is one of the leading mobile telecommunication operators of the Republic of Somaliland. It provides a full range of service such as GSM (2G/3G/4G), fixed telephony, and wireless broadband.
We invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position of Chief Commercial Officer (CCO).
Reporting to the CEO, the CCO will be responsible for the development and implementation of client’s commercial strategy. Ensure successful pre-sales, sales and post-sales activities with regard to client’s market segments. Develop effective commercial strategies and ensure they are translated into clear programs executed at HQ and Regional level, with significant financial impact. Support CEO on company related activities and decisions collaborating across organizational units.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the employees within the Commercial unit, coordinate their tasks and continuously evaluate their performance and follow up on mismatches;
- Provide recommendations on the unit’s budget and manage the approved and allocated budget;
- Continuously monitor activities within the Commercial unit with regards to compliance to legal requirements and internal regulations;
- Approve client’s commercial strategy, aligning with corporate strategy and cascade to achieve revenue targets;
- Set and review operating company’s commercial performance targets and budget in conjunction with CEO and CFO and in line with agreed strategy;
- Direct and manage Consumer, Enterprise & Wholesale sectors;
- Develop and execute Consumer, Enterprise & Wholesale marketing and sales strategies and programs that maximize the lifetime value of customer base;
- Lead and implement sales and distribution channels strategic plan;
- Set and facilitate achievement of direct and indirect sales targets and profit forecasts per channel;
- Develop sales support and response for new / existing products and services;
- Develop and seeks approval for the annual Sales budget, monitor expenditure against approved levels and provide justification for significant variations;
- Develop a highly professional and results-oriented sales force capable of achieving, or exceeding, demanding sales targets. Monitors performance against these targets to assess need for remedial intervention;
- Build strong relationship with key commercial partners such as leading device vendors or major distributors;
- Scope customized solutions and support new products /services introduction;
- Lead the development of an effective Commercial unit driving customer focus, overall performance and support to the regions, and contribute to defining and implementing clear KPIs and documented processes, policies and procedures.
Qualification and Requirements
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Business related fields.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Economics or similar Business fields;
- 15+ years of work experience of which at least 8+ years at senior director level in commercial fields in the telecommunications industry;
- Experience of leading of successfully transformational projects in the commercial area, with significant impact on the financial results;
- Experience in Somaliland and/or in the East Africa region required;
- Exposure to international business is a plus.
- Expert knowledge in the commercial planning, execution and management, as well as the strategy creation;
- Advanced knowledge across the range of marketing, distribution and service/customer experience areas;
- Expert in strategic orientation and business development knowledge;
- Expert knowledge of mobile telecommunications, both local and international;
- Expert knowledge of telecommunications product & services portfolio;
- Advanced board level reporting and presentation skills;
- Advanced skills in operational and strategic commercial management;
- Fluency in English and Somali languages are preferred.
How to Apply
If interested, please send your application detailing how you meet the requirements together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th November 2018.
Quote expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.