Elective Africa is a leading organizer of education travel to Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. We are focused on getting our clients the best travel experiences that are REAL.
Rewarding, Enriching, Adventurous and Learning Experience. Our programs target healthcare degree students for electives placements; aspiring healthcare students for pre-health internships & volunteer missions; gap year and school teams for summer expeditions and meaningful social change project work and business school treks for industry immersions into companies in Kenya.
Elective Africa is accepting applications for the Communications Officer position.
The responsibilities in this position include:
- Responsible for visual design of the Elective Africa stakeholders engagement and marketing initiatives;
- Plans, develops, and implements marketing and educational campaigns for various Elective Africa programs and initiatives;
- Creates engaging, sharable content across all content management system (CMS) channels, including social media platforms and website
- Researches and helps develop and implement EA’s policies, procedures, and protocol designed to engage clients input on various programs and initiatives;
- Performs analysis and develops strategy for social media and website;
- Assists with the performance of regular reviews of website pages to ensure accuracy, timeliness, relevance and ease of navigation.
- Performs activities related to website Search Engine Optimization
- Managing client database information whilst bringing in new business through a variety of lead generation activities
- Performs such other related duties as may be required.
This is a perfect position for someone who is a self-starter, detail oriented, creative thinker, not afraid to roll her/his sleeves up and is interested in working with a dedicated team.
- A bachelor’s degree in preferably in Communications and Graphic Design. Other degree programs to be considered include Marketing, Tourism or any other related field with a minimum of second-class honors upper division
- Should have at least 1 year working experience
- Must be reliable, responsible, and be able to meet deadlines
- Good writing skills is essential with keen attention to detail
- Outstanding Communication Skills
- Sales and marketing skills
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
- Willingness to work long & odd hours to complete assignments with no supervision
- Knowledge on digital marketing
How to Apply
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page on www.electiveafrica.com/careers and upload your current CV by 5pm on Friday 26th, October 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted