Application for persons wishing to represent stakeholders in the Board of Directors of Embu Water and Sanitation Company Limited
Embu Water and Sanitation Company Ltd is a Water Service Provider Company fully owned by the County Government of Embu and an agent of Tana Water Services Board, mandated to provide water services within defunct Embu Municipality and its environs.
The Board of Directors comprises representatives of stakeholders’ identified by Tana Water Services Board and the County Government of Embu in accordance with the Water Sector Corporate Governance Guidelines issued by the Water Services Regulatory Board.
The Board of the company has vacancies for representatives of the following stakeholders:
- One (1) director from Embu West nominated by registered business, manufacturing, farmers and consumers organizations with accounting background.
- One (1) director from Embu West nominated by registered main stream religious organization who is an ordained priest or imam.
- One (1) director from Mbeere South nominated by registered resident organizations, special interest groups, Disability organizations or a professional body.
- One (1) director from Mbeere North nominated by registered resident organizations. special interest groups, Disability organizations or a professional body.
- One (1) director from Embu County nominated by registered resident organizations, special interest groups, Disability organizations or a professional body.
This is therefore to invite applications from nominees of the above stakeholders.
The applicants must meet the following criteria:
i) Be literate and numerate to at least O level
ii) Demonstrated experience and acumen In business or any profession for at least 7 years
iii) Demonstrated participation in local development Initiatives
iv) Demonstrated experience as a change management agent
v) Must meet the Integrity requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya
vi) Suppliers and other trading associates of the company are not eligible for directorship positions of the company
The applications should be addressed to the Selection Committee in sealed envelopes marked “APPLICATION FOR DIRECTORSHIP IN EWASCO” at the address below on or before 12th October, 2018 at 12.00 noon.
Embu Water and Sanitation Company Ltd
Off Embu – Meru road along Mutero Road next to the Kenya National Library
P.O. Box 2142- 60100