Country Manager – Entertainment Media
Our client, the largest internet and entertainment company is expanding its operations in Kenya.
They are looking for an exceptional leader with an entrepreneurial mindset.
The Country Manager will be responsible for aggressively growing the Company’s subscriber base within the country through effective management of all operations, including telesales, offline sales, and offline customer activities, as well as the management of Company’s kiosks.
- Manage all operations within Kenya, including taking responsibility for profit, revenue, and allocating capital to Company’s priorities
- Work alongside global counterparts to hire, train, and onboard key staff including Sales, Finance, HR, Customer Service, Product and Technology.
- Set core KPIs for each functional unit in Kenya
- Oversee the operations of the telesales team, offline customer support, and offline sales teams to drive subscriber growth
- Lead the design and implementation of localized marketing efforts, including SMS marketing, offline marketing, and digital marketing.
- Proactively identify new business development opportunities within the market (sponsorships, partnerships, co-marketing promotions).
- Support product managers to ensure the products are developed specifically for regional biases, tastes, cultural nuisances and infrastructure challenges.
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- At least 5 to 7 years solid, strategic, business development experience.
- Experience with rapidly growing organizations.
- Highly analytical with the capability to propose and defend your ideas.
- Have an intimate understanding of entertainment content and a passion for it.
- Bachelor’s degree essential, MBA is an additional bonus.
- Action oriented, self-motivated, and able to work autonomously if required.
- Experience with ecommerce and internet businesses in Africa
- Experience working with global multi-national companies is a plus.
- Background in Entrepreneurship, Marketing/Business Development, Management Consulting or Finance.
- Be a natural born leader.
- Audience development and subscription strategies a plus. Experience with leading VOD, linear platform and advertising platforms
Remuneration: Competitive remuneration package based on skills and experience
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 15th October 2018