Food for the Hungry (FH) Kenya a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Child Relations Officer
Location: Marsabit Lowlands (Kargi/Kulkum)
Reports To: Sponsor Relations Officer
Contract Period: One year (renewable)
Deadline for applications: 9th November 2018
Values, Vision and Purpose: At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
Position in the Organization: The Child Relations Officer reports hierarchically to the Sponsor Relations Officer.
Purpose of The Job: Manages a location as defined by FH establishing and maintaining relationships between beneficiaries and sponsors making proper use of tools, keeping beneficiary databases and coordinating with the Sponsorship Coordinator, in order to maintain a fluid communication system between sponsored children and sponsors, ensuring deadlines and goals (quantitative and qualitative).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Key result #1 – Implementation of sponsorship activities.
1. Develop relationships with beneficiaries and the leadership of the community to ensure an effective link between those who are sponsored and their sponsors.
2. Collect the enrollment information of those individuals being sponsored (i.e. case histories, photos, etc.-) meet deadlines provided and follow sponsorship guidelines and policies.
3. Manage correspondence flow between sponsors/those sponsored (deliver and collect correspondences and other pieces of communication) in the community in a timely manner.
4. Ensure that all correspondence follows FH’s Child Protection Policy.
5. Ensure content is quality according to sponsorship guidelines for all correspondence coming from a sponsored individual.
6. Keep each sponsored individual’s file updated and secure per the sponsorship guidelines (i.e. photos, case history, intro letter, signed agreement, etc.-)
7. Coordinate medical checkup for sponsored and other children in the beneficiary community and conduct periodical home visits aimed at meeting psycho social needs.
8. Organize and conduct child and community empowerment activities such as children clubs, home visits, Bible study and other activities for the children and their guardians.
Key result #2 – Documentation and program reports
1. As part of the FH team , obtain information about FH/K work in the target area/region to keep updated on the progress of activities and any arising issues and respond accordingly when interacting with sponsored children and their families
2. Establish and maintain sponsorship and activity documents.
3. Keep records of all activities being implemented whether program or child sponsor communication related
4. Compile timely monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual progress reports as required.
5. Establish a family database and Compile a family analysis report and update it periodically or as necessary
6. Establish the files for sponsored children and keep them in safe custody.
Key result #3 – Program support duties
1. Support the mobilization of the church, leaders and families towards understanding and supporting FH/K objectives and philosophy
2. Maintain relationships within all FH/K Sectors in the field with a view of enhancing FH/K to fulfill strategy.
3. Identify need —Recommend areas in which FH/K can use its expertise in knowledge development to assist target communities develop their capacity
4. Supervise, train and mentor any interns and volunteers placed under you.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Excellent inter personal relationship
- Excellent communications skills – both oral and written
- Highly motivated, self starter able to work on own initiative in difficult conditions
- Motorbike rider with valid licence
- Should understand child development
Education and Experience
Diploma Holder in social work/community development/project management with 3 years experience working in an NGO set up.
Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to:
Human Resource Manager
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
latest by 9th November 2018
NB: Food for the Hungry (FH Kenya) does not solicit any type of payment for job applications or hiring processes.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted