Food for the Hungry (FH) Kenya a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Multi Sector Facilitator
Location: Marsabit Lowlands (Bubisa/Turbi)
Reports To: Area Supervisor
Contract Period: One year (renewable)
Deadline for applications: 9th November 2018
Values, Vision and Purpose: At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
Position in the Organization: The Multi Sector Facilitator reports hierarchically to the Area Supervisors.
Purpose of the Job: Implement the sectoral activities in accordance to the local CFCT Model of Implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Key result #1 – Implementation of program activities.
1. Facilitate community training and compilation of Community Transformation plan and its periodical updates.
2. Assist target communities/populations to optimize their use of knowledge & resources available to them in order to improve the well being of their children.
3. Organizes the formation of Self Help Groups in the community and train the SHGs ensuring the understanding of the SHG concept and quality is maintained.
4. Organizes the formation of target groups such as leaders, church leaders, youth and mother care groups among others in the community and trains them using approved curriculum
5. Assist area supervisors to undertake participatory planning and implement training modules in the target communities.
6. Monitor and report on whether the trained Groups, leaders and community members are accomplishing action plans and whether this is translating into meeting the needs of the intended beneficiaries.
7. Walk with the groups, leaders and community members, encourages them and supports everyone with ideas to respond well in their roles.
Key result #2 – Documentation and program reports
1. Keep updated about FH registered beneficiaries in the target area ensuring they are reached by interventions and provide feedback to the cluster on accomplishment of objectives/goals
2. Establish and maintain all project and activity documents in the area of operation.
3. Keep records of all activities being implemented
4. Compile timely monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual progress reports as required.
5. Conduct and compile SHG health monitoring checklist and community leaders checklist .
Key result #3 – Program support duties
1. Mobilize the church, leaders and families towards understanding and supporting FH/K objectives and philosophy
2. Maintain relationships within all FH/K stakeholders in the field with a view of enhancing FH/K to fulfill strategy.
3. Recommend areas in which FH/K can use its expertise in knowledge development to assist target communities develop their capacity
4. Supervise, train and mentor any interns and volunteers placed under this position.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Excellent inter personal relationship
- Excellent communications skills – both oral and written
- Highly motivated, self starter able to work on own initiative in difficult conditions
- Motorbike rider with valid license
- Should understand child development
Education and Experience
- Degree or Diploma Holder in Social work/community development/project management with 3 years’ experience working in an NGO set up.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to:
Human Resource Manager
Email address: email@example.com
latest by 9th November 2018
NB: Food for the Hungry (FH Kenya) does not solicit any type of payment for job applications or hiring processes.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted