Our Client is a leading International Freight Forwarding organization whose key focus is providing End-to-End Logistics Services to its clients in Kenya and greater East Africa Region. A certified Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) and a member of a Multinational Freight Forwarding Group is looking for a Commercial Manager with proven capability to drive the Company’s Commercial Strategy in line with its growth objectives
The Commercial Manager (CM) shall be fully responsible for all sales and business development functions, including but not limited to; prospecting, product development, tender management, marketing activities, sales support and commercial reporting. Deliver adequate opportunity prioritization, pricing, routing and solution design (timely and quality wise) in alignment with Sales.
The candidate is preferably from a multi-national / global logistics company who can turn around new and successful business opportunities in General Freight Forwarding and Logistics.
- Lead and direct all Sales and Business Development activities in line with the company strategy to expand their services within the Eastern Africa region
- Overall co-ordination and growth of sales and marketing for the company. Responsible for the growth of sales in the company by achieving set targets and strategies. Meet
- Sales Targets and Budgets for volumes and profitability
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly management reports
- Negotiating ongoing contracts with suppliers and customers. Reviewing contracts and making recommendations on commerciality.
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Direct and manage the pricing team to support local, national and global pricing.
- Lead in the development and execution of negotiation strategies within the business including specific targets for pricing, service, quality, performance, and compliance
- Benchmarking and analyzing cost drivers and provide market intelligence and price trends.
- Offer competitive products & services to the market through efficient operations, smart pricing policies and innovative operations – develop clear processes and policies to achieve industry best practice in service delivery. Craft and execute a sales and business development strategy.
- Thorough understanding of the Global Supply Chain and be able to negotiate commercial arrangements with suppliers.
- Promote ocean / air freight services and total logistics solutions to current and potential customer through planning and executing sales activities
- Co-operate with regional offices and overseas agents in sales solicitation
- Continually improve knowledge of the company’s products and services, and follow the changes in industry to develop new products.
- Oversee and manage the professional development and productivity of staff members to ensure proper goals, training and professional development.
- Directing sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values
- Ensure tactical alignment with business unit strategies and provide feedback and input by participation in strategy development
- Develop, identify and qualify new business development opportunities through various lead sources including sales team members and relationship managers
- Develop a target account list and work proactively to assist the sales team to develop and secure customers regionally and globally
- Provide direction and assistance with responses to Requests for Proposals (RFP’s), preparing presentations and monitoring sales leads and responses.
- Develop and implement sales plans and sales campaigns to take advantage of market opportunities (competitive developments and/or consolidation yield advantages).
- Participating in local and global logistics bids, creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP/RFQ responses
- Previous experience within a similar role within the freight forwarding or related industry
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Able to prioritize workload
- 8 years’ sales and marketing experience in ocean / air freight forwarding business
- Possess extensive relationship network in the industry
- Aggressive, independent and self-motivated
- Excellent communication, persuasion and presentation skills
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their applications to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title on the subject line on or before 3rd November 2018
Due to the volume of applications that will be received.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Company / Organization||
HRM Connection Kenya
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Our Client is a leading International Freight Forwarding organization whose key focus is providing End-to-End Logistics Services to its clients in Kenya and greater East Africa Region. A certified Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) and a member of a Multinational Freight Forwarding Group is looking for a Commercial Manager with proven capability to drive the Company’s Commercial Strategy in line with its growth objectiveswww.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.