Our client is one of the leading furniture company in the region and seeks to hire a talented and experienced person for the role of Senior Sales and Marketing Executive.
The Senior Sales & Marketing Executive leads and manages all sales & marketing operations and oversees activities of the junior sales team. The key objective of the Senior Sales & Marketing Executive is to grow incremental new sales while creating a brand awareness of the business.
Ideal candidate is sales and marketing rock-star with a 360 degree understanding on marketing execution, brand development, B2B and B2C sales strategies, in-door and outdoor marketing, sales conversion, digital media advertising and strategic positioning, media buying, marketing resource allocation, marketing ROI analysis and team leadership to achieve high sales growth and customer satisfaction.
The qualifying candidate will solely carry the organization’s sales and marketing agenda and execute with profound success in a highly competitive market.
Salary Range: KShs 150,000 – 200,000 gross
- Set up the Sales and Marketing department of the company i.e. recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Build creative sales strategies that are focused on consumer satisfaction and revenue generation for the business.
- Creates goals that comply with the attainment of the business’s overall objectives and strives to meet and exceed these goals.
- Accomplish marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Meet sales and marketing financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Conduct research and performing analysis on the performance of the sales department ensuring prompt delivery and accuracy of daily/ weekly/ monthly/ quarterly reports to senior management.
- Identify areas of improvement in the business’s marketing strategies, identify opportunities and understanding the market and competitive environment.
- Assesses the amount of resources required by the sales department in order to achieve optimal performance, leading to financial benefit for the business
- Tracks sales activities and create reports that for use in strategic decision making.
- Participates in tradeshows, sales workshops, sales seminars, and events on behalf of the business as part of brand awareness and prospecting sales.
- Identify marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Development and maintain of relationships on behalf of the Company with designers, architects, real estate agents, corporate partners
- Avidly represent the business, share its vision, increase awareness, and establish more relationships both locally and internationally.
Knowledge and Opportunity:
- Identify and develop new market opportunities for the business
- Develops and maintain knowledge of consumer, competitor, and market trends
- Updated with industry best practices and standards through attending events and seminars, attending individual and group training programs, and reading industry publications and newsletters
- Communicates the information acquired to the sales & marketing department for the purpose of maximizing on sales opportunities, keeping the department and the business at par with the latest trends and best practices, giving the business a competitive edge and solidifying its position as a market leader.
- Proven track records of successful sales and marketing programmes
- Budget and cost analysis experience
- Knowledge of market research practices and techniques
- Knowledgeable on principles, practices and techniques of sales and marketing strategies
- Experience analyzing data and presentation skills
- Experience running large scope projects with cross-over departments and large teams
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in Communications, Business Administration, Business Management, Sales & Marketing, or any other related field. An equivalent of this requirement in working experience is also acceptable.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Creative and experimental in the approach to problem solving.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Skilled in multitasking, managing deadlines, and prioritizing all within a fast-paced environment
- Project management experience will be an added advantage
- Previous experience in the Furniture industry will be an added advantage but not necessary
How to Apply
If you possess the qualifications and experience outlined above and believe that you’re up to task, please send your CV and cover letter explaining in detail why you believe you’re the best for this role.
Send your application to email@example.com so as to reach us not later than 31st October 2018.
Please quote “SENIOR SALES AND MARKETING EXECUTIVE” on your email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.