Our client a top Printing and Branding Company in Nairobi, that provides Branding and Printing services as well as Promotional merchandise including Point of Sale (POS) and Point of Purchase (POP) Displays seeks a goal-oriented, energetic persons to join our team of Professionals.
Graphic Designers / Machine Operators
Graphics designer will create visual concepts, by hand or using computer software, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate consumers as per client requirements. They develop the overall layout and production design for print work and merchandise.
They will be responsible for operation of Large Format Printers and Commercial Digital Printers and will oversee the operation of production tasks and job preparation/submission and/or color workflow tasks for assigned equipment.
Ideal candidate must have experience in large format printing & Commercial Digital Printing and finishing operations
- Meet with clients or the art director to determine the scope of a project, requirements and budget and advise clients on strategies to reach a particular audience, managing client proposals from typesetting through to design, print and production.
- Determine the message the design should portray
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message, develop graphics for product illustrations, logos and websites
- Reviewing department job tickets, managing workflow to ensure all orders are completed on time, and consistently meeting customers’ expectations while maximizing machine efficiency.
- Producing rigid and roll signs and banners, custom finishing including lamination, mounting, and trimming.
- Properly using and maintaining all department tools and equipment, managing machine logs.
- Preparing large format signs, banners, and display graphics for shipping and delivery; creating custom packaging when necessary.
- Inspect and examine printed products for print clarity, color accuracy, conformance to specifications, and external defects.
- Examine job orders to determine details such as quantities to be printed, production times, stock specifications, colors, and color sequences.
Qualifications, Experience and Skill
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software including in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Corel Draw (latest versions)
- Degree or diploma in graphic design is advantageous
- Experience in operation of large format printer, digital printer or any other commercial printing machines an added advantage.
- Demonstrated Exceptional creativity and innovation with understanding of the latest trends in graphics and print and their role within a commercial environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- Experience in operating a roll-to-roll large format printer and large format flatbed printer, operation of a commercial digital printer – Xerox, Konica, MGI, Ricoh, etc.
- Knowledge of Large format substrates (materials) and laminates
- Understanding of acceptable wide format print quality
- Attention to detail, production oriented, possesses problem-solving skills, self-driven, a team player
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements specified above should submit their applications so as to reach the specific addresses shown below by close of business on 7th November 2018.
Applications to include CVs with details of their day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees.
Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport and 2 Passport photos.
Applications for the positions should be sent via email
or hand delivered to
Simco Plaza, 4th floor, Suite 401, Lusaka Road,
P.O Box 40969-00100,
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation /details as sought for will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.