Job Title: Head of Procurement
Role Introduction: Our client, a leader in strategic advertising development, printing, promotions, supply, manufacture, installation for billboards and signage seeks to engage and hire a Head of Procurement who will be responsible for all procurement related activities and new office set-ups.
This includes managing the procurement and logistics team, developing and implementing strong governance through procurement/ logistics policies, processes & controls, developing company specific cost optimization programs through innovative procurement strategies, implementing procurement plans based on projects forecast and preparing the annual materials budget based on the business plan.
The position is also responsible planning and leading in negotiating with all vendors for best value for the organization and ensuring deliveries for goods and services are done on time and in full.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Execute strong governance through planning, developing, organizing, directing, managing and evaluating the operations and budget of the company.
- Oversee, coordinate and report to the Board of Directors on the progress of all activities of shipments, logistics and local purchases as key procurement functions.
- Review all the procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance to all procurement policies and procedures as appropriate thus ensuring an efficient and auditable procurement trail.
- Control stock, replenish from external suppliers and from other sites within the division when necessary.
- Implement a code of ethics and policy for internal staff and suppliers.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure that the Tender Committee functions effectively for products and services that are best procured through tendering and be the secretary to the Tender Committee.
- Implement cataloguing for increasing sourcing efficiency and therefore saving on time.
- Ensure contracts are in place for delivery of goods and services and that the contract negotiations are thoroughly done to safe guard the organization.
- Work with the relevant Project Managers in developing and implementing procurement strategies/ project execution plans etc. to ensure the best procurement practice and potential gains to the company.
- Responsible for strategic purchasing and sourcing initiatives for materials to ensure that the company holds a competitive advantage in the outside supply of goods services.
- Obtaining approval for such initiatives and the subsequent implementations of the same.
- Manage negotiations as appointed with potential suppliers, sub-contractors, service providers and procurement agencies (as appropriate) to obtain “assessed bids” in line with or better than project cost allowances and required deliverables.
- Strategic decision making;
- Strong planning and organization skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Financial Acumen;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Statute and Regulatory interpretation skills;
- Team player.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
- Professional Certification in procurement from a recognized institution;
- 8 years relevant experience with at least 2 years managerial level;
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge apply online to firstname.lastname@example.org
By 5pm 6th November, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.