The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) was established in 1995 through an Act of Parliament CAP 213A of the laws of Kenya. The mandate of HELB is to source for funds and provide universal affordable financing (through loans, scholarships and bursaries) to Kenyans pursuing higher education in institutions of higher learning in and outside Kenya as recognized by Commission for University Education (CUE) & and/or the Technical, Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA and recover funds loaned to create a National Revolving Fund.
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Head of Human Resource Management.
HELB is an innovative institution in the education sector whose focus is to leapfrog how financing higher education is executed in Kenya by amalgamating public and private sector resources in the country. HELB offers this service through a highly skilled and vibrant workforce. The person we need to fill the position and to join a highly performing team should not only be passionate, innovative, and qualified but also, be of high integrity, highly competent, has high dependability and
emotional intelligence, excellent interpersonal & communication skills, self-driven with innate dynamism and able to demonstrate strong leadership skills.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Human Resource Management will be a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), and will be responsible for overseeing the formulation and implementation of human capital strategies, systems, policies, and practices across HELB, to enable the institution attract, motivate and retain the best human capital to deliver the Board’s mission, vision, and growth strategies, ensuring that the institution fully complies with labour laws, mandate statutory requirements and also oversee the implementation of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework to mitigate any Human Capital Risks in the Institution.
- Contributes to the formulation of the organization strategy and ensures that all HR policies and procedures are sound;
- Oversees the implementation of human resources strategies, policies, emerging best practices and initiatives in the institution;
- Oversees the day to day management of human resources practices in the lines of recruitment, development, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, career planning, succession management and human resource data and records;
- Provides oversight on safe custody and maintenance of manual and electronic records as well as ensuring smooth functioning of human resource management information system;
- Oversees the interpretation and implementation of Government circulars and guidelines and ensures compliance with statutory regulations;
- Oversees the development of human resources operations budgets and procurement plans;
- Motivates and leads a high performing team to drive the human resource function in the institution;
- Provides oversight and coordination in organizational development, review of jobs, skills and competency requirements, career progressions, rollout of the institution’s training program as approved by management and personal development of staff as well as Evaluate and monitor training programs;
- Oversees the development and approves work plans and budgets for the Department;
- Coordinates the preparation and presents human resource issues to the Board and management;
- Spearheads the implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework to mitigate against any possible human capital risks.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Organization Development;
- Master’s degree in relevant field;
- Human Resource Practicing certification;
- Membership to IHRM;
- Professional Qualification in human resource management will be an added advantage;
- Exposure in Human Resource Management working environment;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience, 5 of which should be at senior level role in human resource function in a comparable organization;
- In-depth knowledge of labour laws and HR best practices
- Strategic leadership skills
- Analytical skills
- IT Proficiency
- High integrity and dependability
- Leadership skills
- Excellent Interpersonal & communication skills
- High Emotional intelligence
- Strong professional acumen, excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing and relationship-building skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results within deadlines.
Ethics and Integrity
Candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be expected to prove their compliance with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by obtaining and presenting during interview clearance/compliance certificate from the following organizations:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct) and;
- Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please send your application, detailed CV, relevant copies of testimonials certificates, day time contact, and contacts of three referees, to reach the office of Chief Executive Officer on the contact below and not later than 6th November,
Chief Executive Officer & Board Secretary
Higher Education Loans Board
P.O. Box 69489-00400
Or Email Address: email@example.com
HELB is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Head of Human Resource Management
|Company / Organization||
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Kenya
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) was established in 1995 through an Act of Parliament CAP 213A of the laws of Kenya. The mandate of HELB is to source for funds and provide universal affordable financing (through loans, scholarships and bursaries) to Kenyans pursuing higher education in institutions of higher learning in and outside Kenya as recognized by Commission for University Education (CUE) & and/or the Technical, Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA and recover funds loaned to create a National Revolving Fund.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.