The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) was established in 1995 through an Act of Parliament CAP 213A of the laws of Kenya. The mandate of HELB is to source for funds and provide financing (through loans, scholarships and bursaries) to Kenyans pursuing higher education in institutions of higher learning in and outside Kenya as recognized by Commission for University Education (CUE) & and/or the Technical, Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA).
A vacancy has arisen for the position of IT Audit & Forensic Services Officer.
The Board is looking for a highly competent, passionate, dedicated and self-driven individual of high integrity who is able to demonstrate strong leadership skills to fill the position.
Reporting to the Head of Audit, Risk Management & Compliance, IT Audit & Forensic Services Officer is be responsible for leading the delivery of IT Audits and Forensic Services across all IT operations systems, customer support systems, Value Added Services (VAS) systems, IT infrastructure and business systems.
- Provide input in the development/review and implementation of internal audit strategies, policies and procedures;
- Provide input in the preparation of risk based audit work plans and budget aligned to HELB’s strategy and objectives;
- Planning for and executing audit assignments as the approved audit work plan to provide assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls systems;
- Perform ICT systems audits of business support systems, IT operations, network security, Value Added Services (VAS) systems, and IT infrastructure;
- Perform Information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery and system maintenance;
- Perform reviews and provide independent assurance of internal control procedures and security for systems under development and/or enhancements to current systems;
- Undertake consulting assignments and investigations as necessary;
- Preparation of audit reports to effectively communicate audit findings with proposed practical and value adding recommendations to management on completion of each assignment to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies in the area of technology;
- Follow up with management to ensure that audit issues are resolved within defined timelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related area from a recognized university;
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA);
- At least three (3) years’ relevant experience.
Other Requirements & Competencies
- Proficiency in the use of CAATs such as IDEA and Teammate;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite application (e.g. MS excel, MS word, MS PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Proficiency in Auditing Principles and Techniques;
- Knowledge in Risk Management Principles and Techniques;
- CPA and CFE qualification;
- Highly analytical individual with ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports;
- Membership in Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA);
- Working experience in an ERP environment preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX system;
- Excellent team and client relationship management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results within deadlines;
- High integrity and dependability.
Ethics and Integrity
Candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be expected to prove their compliance with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by obtaining and presenting during interview clearance/compliance certificate from the following organizations:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct) and;
- Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please send your application, detailed CV, relevant copies of testimonials certificates, day time contact, and contacts of three referees, to reach the office of Chief Executive Officer on the contact below and not later than 6th November,
Chief Executive Officer & Board Secretary
Higher Education Loans Board
P.O. Box 69489-00400
Or Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
HELB is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
IT Audit & Forensic Services Officer
Audit and Quality Assurance
|Company / Organization||
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Kenya
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) was established in 1995 through an Act of Parliament CAP 213A of the laws of Kenya. The mandate of HELB is to source for funds and provide financing (through loans, scholarships and bursaries) to Kenyans pursuing higher education in institutions of higher learning in and outside Kenya as recognized by Commission for University Education (CUE) & and/or the Technical, Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA).www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.