The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) was established in 1995 through an Act of Parliament CAP 213A of the laws of Kenya. The mandate of HELB is to source for funds and provide financing (through loans, scholarships and bursaries) to Kenyans pursuing higher education in institutions of higher learning in and outside Kenya as recognized by Commission for University Education (CUE) & and/or the Technical, Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA).
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Management Accountant.
The Board is looking for a highly competent, passionate, dedicated and self driven individual of high integrity who is able to demonstrate strong leadership skills to fill the position.
Reporting to Assistant Finance Manager, the role is responsible for supporting management decision making through Corporate and Treasury Analytics and provision of effective insight and analysis of reports to assist the Board meet its objectives.
- Analyse and or collate financial/trends data to support recommendations for action;
- Spearhead and oversee the preparation of timely and accurate Quarterly and Annual Report and Financial Statements;
- Maintain and/or circulate periodically business information securely with due regard for confidentiality;
- Spearhead and ensure the preparation and Overseeing the provision of timely and accurate monthly Bank reconciliation reports;
- Ensure timely and adequate response and implementation of Audit or other financial matters recommendations;
- Spearheading and overseeing the coordination of both Internal and External Audits;
- Prepare and report monthly Budget variances to standard;
- Spearhead and oversee the continuous review and implementation of risk management strategies that relate to the department;
- Motivate, Lead, Supervise, Mentor, coach and manage performance in the management accounting section;
- Provide effective insights and analysis to the Board and Finance in meeting the established financial objectives;
- Recommend updates and improvements for accounting systems, system controls for new financial systems and develop procedures to improve existing systems;
- As part of the departmental management team, communicate and manage the stakeholder expectations and customer experience;
- Ensure compliance to laid down accounting controls procedures and processes and Compliance with the PFM Act & IPSAS and all statutory and regulatory guideline;
- Spearhead and oversee the Review and implementation of the departmental ISO procedures;
- Participate in committee meetings as appropriate;
- Spearhead the preparation of audit schedules for all financial reports;
- Perform any other lawful duties as assigned from time to time;
- Analyse financial, costing and operational data and extract and define relevant information;
- Interpret financial data for the purpose of determining the root causes of past figures, financial, costing and operational performance;
- Assist in maintaining Key Performance Indicators & dashboard, and also in building a central database for reporting;
- Generate standard, custom and or complex reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review and consumption by users, business managers and other relevant stakeholders;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or any other relevant field of study;
- CPA (K)/ACCA
- At least 5 years’ experience in financial or accounting role
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or Economics is an added advantage
- Understanding of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Working experience in an ERP environment preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX system;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite application (e.g. MS excel, MS word, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio);
- Strong Leadership and Supervisory Skills,
- Committed team player with customer focus
- Excellent Interpersonal & communication skills,
- Reliable & Dependable
- High integrity levels
- Effective time management
- Attention to details
Ethics and Integrity
Candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be expected to prove their compliance with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by obtaining and presenting during interview clearance/compliance certificate from the following organizations:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct) and;
- Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please send your application, detailed CV, relevant copies of testimonials certificates, day time contact, and contacts of three referees, to reach the office of Chief Executive Officer on the contact below and not later than 6th November,
Chief Executive Officer & Board Secretary
Higher Education Loans Board
P.O. Box 69489-00400
OR Email Address: email@example.com
HELB is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Accounting and Finance
|Company / Organization||
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Kenya
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) was established in 1995 through an Act of Parliament CAP 213A of the laws of Kenya. The mandate of HELB is to source for funds and provide financing (through loans, scholarships and bursaries) to Kenyans pursuing higher education in institutions of higher learning in and outside Kenya as recognized by Commission for University Education (CUE) & and/or the Technical, Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA).www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.