The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
Employment Opportunity: Administrative Assistant
About the Job: The Administrative Assistant carries out all the administrative duties for the in-house health department for Somalia Delegation, based in Nairobi.
He/she adheres to the set internal guidelines on all administrative processes.
This is a Nairobi based position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support in the follow up of the budget expenses in the health department, and ensures the Office is managed in an efficient manner
- Supports field staff, consultants and visitors in travel arrangements; books for flights in liaison with the Air Operations department, processes the requisite travel documents, organizes accommodation and liaises with Administration Department on visa applications
- Conducts briefing to visitors and new employees on ICRC health activities in general and on health department administration procedures
- Acts as the secretary in all health department meetings – ensures that meetings are effectively organized (schedules meetings, circulates agenda, takes minutes, amongst other tasks)
- Prepares and circulates relevant correspondence within the department (emails, letters and other official communication/documentation) and maintains a proper filing system at the health department
- Generates input/data for the monthly financial forecast and submits to the health coordinator
- Supports the health coordinator in the Budget Financial Report exercise by compiling the relevant data
- Ensures smooth running of the beneficiary tracking system process; compiles data, consolidates the necessary documentation and makes follow up as appropriate
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Degree in Business Administration, Business Management or related field
- 3 years’ experience in Office Management preferably in a humanitarian environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong numerical ability
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong office management and organisational skills
- Good analytical skills, attention to details and with proven ability to follow up on operational matters
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A dynamic, challenging and motivating experience in an international humanitarian environment
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary and additional benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework.
How to Apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to
the Human Resources Manager,
ICRC Somalia Delegation,
on the email address email@example.com.
Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range.
The closing date is 12th October 2018.
Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.