The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Logistic Support Centre in Nairobi (Industrial Area) is seeking an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill the position of Workshop Manager.
- Management of the ICRC vehicle fleet in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti in line with ICRC standards and procedures;
- Responsible for the maintenance of generators in offices and residences of Kenya;
- Manage, Supervise and organize shifts for workshop staff as well as carry out administrative activities independently ;
- Supervise and coordinate the technical support and provide field support if required;
- Establish and maintain an accurate and updated job card based maintenance plan for the whole fleet and the repair of other logistics assets;
- Operate and maintain ICRC standard and fleet computer system, electronic spare parts catalogue;
- Ensure physical security of all sites and train workshop staff in proper and safe handling of tools and workshop equipment;
- Provides all fleet reports/records related to the fleet & workshop performance as requested;
- Trains fleet staff on new technical aspects such as diagnostic, repair, maintenance techniques and ICRC administrative procedures;
- Holder of a Degree in mechanical/automotive engineering from a recognized university;
- Minimum 4 years work experience as a workshop manager or supervisor at a large workshop;
- Valid driving license (DL in heavy commercial vehicles is an added advantage);
- Certificate of good conduct
- Advanced Computer Skill;
- Excellent command of English;
- High sense of integrity;
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and make decisions;
- Flexible and proactive;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Team player with excellent leadership skills;
How to Apply
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to Human Resources Office on the address or e-mail below, on or before 31st October 2018.
Please include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the Red Cross,
Logistics Support Centre,
P.O. Box 34071, Nairobi, 00100 (GPO),
THE ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.