Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
ICT Management Trainee
Scale PB 6.2
The Kenya Post Office Savings Bank has excellent career opportunities for Management Trainees to be deployed in its ICT Department.
The position will provide an opportunity for the successful candidates to operationalize their skills in Information Technology and further enhance their career with a view to joining the Bank’s dynamic team in the Information Communication and Technology Department after the training period.
The training will provide the trainees with an opportunity to:
- Gain a comprehensive appreciation of the critical perspectives and challenges in the ICT department with a view to developing innovative solutions to meet the Bank’s business needs.
- Monitor system performance activities and manage parameters to provide fast query responses to ‘front end’ users.
- Develop and map out the ‘conceptual design’ for planned database in outline.
- Gain knowledge on installation and testing new versions of the Database Management Systems (DMS).
- Gain knowledge in writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary.
- Be exposed to developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Obtain knowledge on maintenance of the Bank’s Website and other Web Based applications.
- Manage the existing integrations and develop new system interfaces.
- Network and security management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Should be conversant with:
– SQL, Java and preferably Oracle or
– Operating Systems i.e. Linux, Windows and preferably orientation to Networking.
- Professional qualification on CCNA, CCNP, Cyberoam or a related field.
- One-year experience in a busy ICT environment will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidates are people who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethics, and continual improvement and are result oriented, If you meet the above specifications, kindly submit your application, together with the relevant academic and professional training documents to:
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank,
P.O. Box 30313-00100
The closing date for receiving applications will be 29th October, 2018.