The Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA Kenya) seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The M&E Officer will work with the programme team and IEA partners in developing systematic and efficient project performance monitoring systems for a period of one year.
Terms of Reference
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems and various M&E tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal development, including theory of change and log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
- Support programme staff in planning and executing M&E, including data collection methodology, tools and data management and analysis
- Coordinate relations with IEA’s development partners regarding their M&E systems and their implementation
- Respond to requests for information on various projects and project performance
- Participate in field monitoring visits to ensure quality of data collected and verify accuracy of reported data
- Contribute to IEA’s organisational learning
- Perform any other relevant tasks assigned
Competencies and Skills
- University degree preferably in social sciences or other relevant discipline
- At least three (3) years’ relevant work experience in performance monitoring and implementation of M&E systems
- Ability to collect, analyse, verify data and draw evidence-based conclusions
- Experience in design of baseline surveys and program evaluations
- Advanced use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge and experience of standard M&E procedures and tools
- Experience in use of large datasets for data analysis and reporting
Contract Period: One year
How to Apply:
Please send your application letter and CV including three professional references and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 02 Nov 2018