IntraHealth Career Opportunities
The goal of the USAID funded Human Resources for Health (HRH) Kenya Mechanism is to strengthen HRH systems at the national and county government levels to improve health outcomes for the Kenyan people.
In order to strengthen its team, the Mechanism is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
County iHRIS Data Manager
Summary of Role: Reporting to the Team Lead, iHRIS strengthening, the County HRIS Data Manager will be responsible for implementing human resource information system (iHRIS) and strengthening data use for decision making at national and county level.
- Plan and execute implementation of integrated human resources information system (iHRIS) and e-learning modules to target priority counties/facilities and institutions by defining need and benefits of the systems, engagement in iHRIS training, system ownership and data update.
- Mentor key staff in iHRIS use through further on-job training, onsite and offsite support, as well as linking them to global iHRIS support.
- Provide iHRIS training to county staff for HRH data management, including in selected high-volume sites, medical training institutions and implementing partners.
- Develop appropriate reports (print and electronic) of HRH establishment, deployment and performance with emphasis on HIV care and treatment at county / facility level as appropriate.
- Support development and/or enhancement of iHRIS and e-learning modules through translation of users’ requests in to software features, test new modules and provide necessary feedback to enhance iHRIS.
- Establish and implement HRH data linkage coordination forums and participate in iHRIS integration with key health sector applications, including District Health information system (DHIS2), Kenya Health Master Facility List (KHMFL) and regulatory human resources information systems (rHRIS)
- Engage counties to evaluate state of, and obstacles to HRH data use and enhance iHRIS data use for HRH decision making and provide adhoc and routine support to counties.
- Develop capacity of county health management teams (CHMT) and partners to analyze HRH data and link to service delivery for decision making
- Update and disseminate iHRIS training curriculum, iHRIS user guide and human resources information and records management user guide and support counties to use the documents for intra-county training
- Support county and national iHRIS teams to establish and sustain iHRIS forums and remote help desk mechanisms for sustainable iHRIS users’ networking
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or IT related field
- At least 5 years working experience in systems development and/or implementation
- Previous experience working with major donors, USAID and/or PEPFAR funded programs is an added advantage
- Experience in implementation of web-based systems
- Familiarity with Kenya health information systems domain.
- Experience supporting HIS projects with county departments of health
- Communication skills,
- Presentation skills
- Data analytics
- Planning and coordination
- Service Excellence
- Strategic Thinking
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written)
Summary of Benefits: IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications please CLICK HERE to apply online by sending your CV with a cor letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor in your current or former ernployment.
Closing date for applications is October 30, 2018
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1