IntraHealth Career Opportunities
The goal of the USAID funded Human Resources for Health (HRH) Kenya Mechanism is to strengthen HRH systems at the national and county government
levels to improve health outcomes for the Kenyan people.
In order to strengthen its team, the Mechanism is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Technical Manager In Service Training
Summary of Role: Working under the direction of the Team Lead – Workforce Training, the Technical Manager in-service training and regulation will have the primary responsibility to lead the institutionalization of in-service training (IST) at the county level
- Participate in the development of strategy for implementation of IST activities through writing of technical concepts and sharing of technical inputs in planning and technical meetings.
- Provide technical and managerial oversight in the implementation of In-service training activities.
- Sensitize training institutions, county health departments of health (CDoH) and health service delivery partners of the mechanisms role and how they fit in.
- Coordinate, schedule and convene periodic meetings with USAID funded Afya Mechanism’s/APHIAPlus projects on IST and advocate for institutional based in-service training.
- Support counties in the Project geographical coverage areas (27 counties) to establish functional training committees that will conduct training needs assessment, forecast in-service training requirement for the county through projections and budgeting, development of training calendars for IST and optimize the use of training information systems i.e. Integrated human resource information system (iHRIS-Train) so as to enhance coordination, planning, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of in-service training to health service delivery needs.
- Lead the implementation of the Inter-county HRD and county HRD for a with counties, partners and medical training institutions as a platform to actualize IST institutionalization milestone for sustainability.
- Manage delivery of quality in-service training of health workers through- collaboration with MOH technical departments responsible in the training of TOTs, and service providers.
- Collaborate with service delivery partners on IST that includes training needs assessment (TNA), training implementation and post training follow up.
- Roll out the utilization of IST tools that includes; mentorship, supportive supervision and post training follow up in partnership with service delivery partners and counties.
- In partnership with HRH Kenya partner for pre-service training lead the roll-out of innovative IST through e/m-Learning for health workers, counties and
- Reporting and documentation of in-service training intervention during weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to meet expectations of USAID, GOK and other key stakeholders. This will include development of relevant technical briefs and abstracts for conferences and peer reviewed journals
- Representation to key meetings and fora as delegated.
- A Master’s Degree in education, MPH, Medical Education or a related field of study is required
- Excellent understanding of the health sector in Kenya and educational systems. Prior experience supporting Ministry of Health (MOH) training processes, working with partners in health systems strengthening
- At least 7 years’ experience in curricula development/review, guideline development and implementation with County Governments e.g. Health or education departments or relevant government structures.
- At least 7 years work experience in managing a training function in an NGO setup working with MOH and partners.
- Communication skills,
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Planning and coordination
- Service Excellence
- Strategic Thinking
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written)
Summary of Benefits: IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications please CLICK HERE to apply online by sending your CV with a cor letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor in your current or former ernployment.
Closing date for applications is October 30, 2018
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1