Islamic Relief is an international NGO, established in 1984 in the UK, seeking to promote sustainable Economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and developmental activities. We aim to help the needy regardless of Race, Religion, Colour and Gender.
Islamic Relief is currently running Programmes in several sectors that include Education, Water & Sanitation, Livelihoods Support and Child Welfare. IRK also implements seasonal Food Security Programmes including the Ramadan Food Distribution and Qurbani.
Islamic Relief Kenya program seeks to recruit the following position:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Reporting To: Finance Coordinator
Base Location: Nairobi
Division / Purpose:
International Programme Department is:
- To contribute to the process of global poverty alleviation and
- Strengthen Islamic Relief (IR) global work through the provision of technical support in cooperation with regional desks and support units.
Kenya program is:
- To contribute to the poverty alleviation in East Africa Region and
- To strengthen IR East Africa Region office through the provision of technical and managerial support.
Job Purpose: To assist in finance related tasks in line with agreed and accepted IR practices and procedures.
Key Objectives: To provide basic support to EAF Regional Finance Office.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- To assist in Projects’ budgets reviews.
- To assist in Projects’ financial reports reviews.
- To assist in Projects’ audit reports reviews.
- To assist in Countries’ Financial System Reviews.
- To assist in Countries’ Procurement Reviews.
- To assist in Countries’ Fund Reports reviews.
- To assist in Projects’ liquidations reports reviews.
- To assist in in preparation of monthly consolidated Target Vs Actuals
- To assist in preparation of prepare monthly consolidate Dash Board Reports
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelors in Finance, Partly Completed CPA/ACCA
How to Apply
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts.
The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line.
Send your application to Recruitment.Irk@islamic-relief.or.ke by Friday 9th November, 2018.
Please note that this is an urgent recruitment shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis