Jhpiego is a nonprofit global leader in the creation and delivery of transformative health care solutions for the developing world. In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, we build health providers’ skills and we develop systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures for women and their families.
Jhpiego is the implementing partner for the East Africa Accelerator Hub for The Challenge Initiative (TCI) – known as Tupange Pamoja in East Africa. The project is funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGFJ through The Bill & Melinda Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health.
TCI is an ambitious program that leverages a matching challenge fund mechanism to provide incentives for the rapid scale up of urban family planning programs through a framework of accountability measures, demand-driven participation of partners, and technical support via at least four regional accelerator hubs.
We are seeking experienced individuals with excellent management and technical skills, who are team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly-motivated and able to work in a high-pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities.
(Based in Nairobi, Mombasa and Migori)
Reporting to the Kenya Country Lead, the County Manager will ensure technical, programmatic and financial planning, execution and monitoring of county program designs and TCI activities in the designated county.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build the capacity of the county to implement high-impact interventions through TCI’s technical coaching approach, including rolling out TCI University tools within the designated county.
- Support county MOH Program Implementation Teams (PITs) to landscape, prepare, review, implement and modify county program designs and budgets.
- Facilitate, review and synthesize county activity/monthly/quarterly data and progress reports.
- Ensure quality and fidelity of implementation of TCI interventions by PITs.
- Coordinate and manage county trainers, coaches and Sisi-Kwa—Sisi teams including mentoring of these teams.
- Conduct and support advocacy and marketing of the TCI model to appropriate stakeholders within the county and work with local FP/TCI champions within budget cycles to ensure continued FP resource commitment(s).
- Support the county to leverage and coordinate with other FP stakeholders and implementers.
- Foster intra— and inter—county sharing of best practices.
- Participate in the local government Technical Working Groups (TWGs).
- Work with country/local TCI AYSRH Officers to effectively deploy AYSRH interventions in participating counties.
- Degree in Public Health, Nursing or related field. Post-graduate training is an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience providing FP service delivery services in a complex donor-funded program.
- Experience working in Government or Donor-funded programs (experience with USG-funded programs is an added advantage).
- Experience in family planning programming, working with MOH and devolved County Governments’ staff and systems, particularly in the area of family planning.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong programming and technical skills, and has sensitivity to and understanding of the beneficiary population.
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees to the following email address: HR.Kenya@jhpiego.org or at our website www.jobs-jhpiego.icims.com by 15th October 2018.
Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.