KCA University (KCAU) is ranked the fourth (4th) best private university in Kenya, and is the ninth (9th) best university countrywide by Webometrics World Ranking of Universities.
We are a chartered business and technology university committed to quality service and ethical practices. We are shaping higher education in Kenya, and have embarked on a number of strategic changes, including alliances with renowned universities, development agencies and investors.
KCA University seeks to recruit a highly motivated and innovative candidate to fill the following position;
Facilities Planning & Operations Manager
Objective: Oversee the development, maintenance of the physical university facilities and grounds in a condition of operating excellence, cleanliness and safety so that full educational and operational use is ensured.
Position Summary: Facilities Planning & Operations Manager is responsible for daily operations and planning for Facilities Management; coordinating, directing, supervising and evaluating university-wide buildings and grounds maintenance program and related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and administer department budget (e.g. plans, controls, monitors, etc.) for the purpose of meeting department objectives in compliance regulator guidelines.
- Prepare written materials (e.g. work schedules, work orders, solicitations, supporting materials, etc.) for the purpose of documenting and communicating activities as required.
- Work independently to complete tasks with minimal direction from the supervisor and exercises discretion appropriately for the best interests of the university.
- Manage maintenance services at the various sites: Structural, Architectural, Mechanical and Electrical services including overseeing of support services e.g. messengerial services, front office services and general cleanliness of the facilities.
- Assess the current condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing and other essential facilities and equipment and create a schedule of regular evaluation of the facilities
- Provide direction to grounds, custodial, and maintenance supervisors, ensuring delivery of a full range of building and grounds maintenance and repair, and supportive work functions; monitors the department activities in compliance with district objectives and quality control standards and work practices.
- Maintain accurate records of the condition of equipment and other systems in the buildings
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities.
- Ensure the safety of the building or establishment from fire, flood and other hazards through initiating an active campaign on safety measures in the building.
- Prepare & maintain pertinent records and reports for the university.
- Participate in preparing annual budget so that the facilities maintenance gets adequate funds for its operation.
- Educate the workers of the establishment on the proper use and care of its equipment and other facilities.
- Develop a comprehensive Facilities Master Plan.
- Develop effective space management strategies to deal with the requirements of the academic program.
- Establish a service recognition program for Facilities Management and Planning employees.
- Establish a design guideline and review process to support the renovation and construction process.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Project Management or relevant field from a recognized institution
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, land economics or related field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in a recognized institution.
Other Skills and Competences
- Technically competent, excellent problem solving, analytical, IT and Managerial skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage complex assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Good leadership skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV and three references via email to email@example.com so as to be received not later than 12th October, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
The Director Human Resources,
P.O Box 56808-00200,
KCA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER