KCA University is a dynamic private business university committed to quality service and ethical practices.
KCA University seeks to recruit a highly motivated and innovative candidate to fill the following position:
Driver – Kisumu Campus
Job Objective: To drive and maintain vehicles as instructed
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To pick up and drop off students/staff to various scheduled destinations;
- To maintain order among students in the bus during trips;
- To ensure safety of passengers in the bus during academic trips and sporting activities;
- To collect and deliver University mail or packages to assigned destinations within and outside the University;
- Ensure cleanliness of University vehicles at all times;
- Maintain records of work performed; make timely reports of accidents, incidents & unusual occurrences;
- To exercise knowledge of first-aid procedures when need arises;
- To ensure University vehicles are serviced as scheduled;
- To report any defects on University vehicles to the supervisor;
- Perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking the oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield, wipers, water and tyre pressures and advise on further maintenance aspects for the vehicle;
- Be responsible for the safety and security of bus or vehicle assigned;
- To abide by all Traffic Laws when handling the University vehicle.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience
Academic / Professional Qualification
- KCSE Certificate level training;
- Valid driving License Class BCE / Government Grade Test 2 or above
- Mechanical background & training
- 5 to 6 years minimum of relevant work experience
- Certificate of Good Conduct
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV, and three references via email to email@example.com so as to be received not later than 9th November, 2018.
KCAU staff are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
The Director Human Resources,
P.O Box 56808-00200,