Initiative to Develop African Research Lead (iDeAL)
PHD Studentship Available
The KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme is an internationally renowned health research Programme that is committed to developing research capacity in African.
Two fully funded PhD studentships commencing in January 2019 are available at our Kilifi and Nairobi sites.
These studentships, which are funded through the Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL), will provide the awardees with an opportunity to carry out their PhD studies within a high-quality research environment under the supervision of internationally renowned researchers.
The studentships cover registration fees, research costs, travel costs, medical insurance and a monthly stipend.
Studentship are available in the following research areas.
- Immunity to Respiratory Syncytial Virus
- Neonatal mortality in Kenya
- Applicants should be of African nationality
- For the RSV PhD they should have achieved at least an upper second-class Bachelors degree and a Masters degree in any biological science.
- For the Neonatal mortality, applicants should be holders of a basic medical degree and a MMed in Paediatrics from a recognized medical school.
For further information and application please visit the PhD studentships portal on our website http://jobs.kemri-wellcome.org the deadline for applications is 14th November 2018.
Please note that only online applications will be accepted. If you have any queries please contact IDeAL director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosted By: KEMRIWeIIcome Trust