Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (KEMSA) is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament, with the mandate to procure, warehouse and distribute drugs and medical supplies for prescribed public health programs, the national strategic stock reserve, prescribed essential health packages and national referral hospitals.
As a result of business growth and the need to enhance organizational efficiency for effective service delivery, we would like to fill the following position:
Sales & Marketing Officer – Supplementary Services Division (SSD)
Purpose Statement: The position holder will report to the Head / SSD and will be responsible for managing the sales and marketing function within a specified allocated region across Kenya; covering several SSD customers.
The position holder will be charged with the following responsibilities:
- To develop, implement and execute sales and marketing strategies within the allocated region / territory
- To ensure Sales targets are achieved
- To follow up on payments for sales already made (debt collection)
- To identify customer unmet needs.
- To conduct and obtain market intelligence on competitor products
- To relay relevant quality related information to the quality assurance department
- To analyze and evaluate results on a monthly and quarterly basis, and take the necessary corrective action in order to achieve desired sales
- To detail specialized products to medical professions
- To establish and maintain good relationships with the entire clientele.
- Conduct risk analysis, advise on key elements and mitigation measures within the function.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
Suitable candidates should possess the following:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in use of MS Office applications and ERP platform.
- Two (2) years’ experience in pharmaceutical sales/marketing function.
- Demonstrable understanding of how the public health sector supply chain operates.
- Possess a clean, valid Driving Licence free from any endorsements.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Team Management skills
Chapter Six Requirements
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 which includes the following:
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
How to Apply
Applications, quoting the job reference number, accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of ID card, certificates and testimonials should be sent by post to the address below to be received not later than 2nd November, 2018
Chief Executive Officer,
Kenya Medical Supplies Authority,
13 Commercial Street,
P.O Box 47715-00100,
Note that any form of direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
‘The Kenya Medical Supplies Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer’.