Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reports To: Board of Directors
Job Ref: EHC/1129/18
Description: The primary role of the KeNIC CEO is to drive sales of the .ke domains, and influence change in relevant government policies and laws. The role profile therefore, requires an individual with a strong sales and marketing background, deep understanding of SLA and technical capacity requirements, charisma to drive change in internet governance and the ability to rally a team to achieve performance excellence.
- Responsible for the day to day management of KeNIC and report directly to the board on the same.
- Technical responsibility managing vendors to maintain the system availability of the KeNIC servers
- Represent KeNIC’s interests in internet and governance conferences and cascade the outcomes of such forums to KeNIC’s management team and affiliated members
- To lead the management team and work closely with the various managers to ensure efficient and effective operation of KeNIC
- Responsible for governance risk and compliance
- Ensure the strategy and departmental plans of KeNIC are in place for meeting internal and external stakeholders. Further, the Chief Executive Officer shall contribute to the strategy and tactical planning and management of the entire business of KeNIC and make medium- and short-term plans and key objectives of KeNIC.
- The Chief Executive Officer will be public face of KeNIC and shall manage industry and stakeholder relations.
- Prepare the annual budget (including forecast, expenditure and capital budgets) in accordance with timetables set by the Board
- It shall be a core responsibility of the Chief Executive Officer to ensure the annual revenue and profit targets set by the KeNIC Board are attained.
- Ensure the value for money concept is incorporated in all business activities of KeNIC and will manage all activities of KeNIC within the budget so developed.
- Monitoring and controlling functional head performance thorough cost and achievement against annual targets and budgets .
- Ensure the agreed strategic actions are fully progressed within the timing provided and that communication with stakeholders and the KeNIC Board are accurate and timely.
- The Chief Executive Officer shall be responsible for the management, training and development of staff.
- Defining the Mission and objectives of all departmental managers, carrying out performance reviews based on agreed KPI’s, promoting quality of work and motivating personnel and developing their skills to keep abreast of technical development.
- Define and provide advice on policy matters affecting KeNIC.
- Prepare and submit quarterly Board Reports and such other reports as may be required from time to time by the Board of Directors of KeNIC and or relevant
committees of the Board.
- Ensure the activities of KeNIC abide by laws and regulations of Kenya, in particular all relevant Acts.
- Any other duties or responsibilities as may be communicated or assigned to the Chief Executive Officer by the KeNIC Board from time to time.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Seasoned sales and marketing experience with quantitative and analytical skills
- Proven track record of managing people
- Experience with SLA management and technical capacity management
- Experience in internet governance and working on policies related to driving internet growth
- MBA/MSC in related field
- Demonstrated leadership experience in the industry
- Demonstrable ability to rally a team to achieve performance excellence.
- Strong communication, organizational and collaboration skills with the ability to define and drive large initiatives across organizational boundaries and geographies
- Excellent strategic thinking, problem solving and analytical skills with a high degree of analytical and business rigor
- Solid understanding of the SSA mobile industry and Android’s position in it, as well as a solid understanding of Google products such as Search and YouTube
How to Apply:
Kindly send you application letter plus your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 13th November 2018.
For detailed JD visit our website at www.eaglehr.co.ke